March 4, 2008

SCRAPBOOK SKETCH CHALLENGE

Mornin' all! Well, I FINALLY got some more pages done - I always have good intentions and then, well, life happens - LOL! But, I did manage to get Cyndi's sketch challenge done this week and I am pleased with how it turned out! My friend Vicki and I had gone to see Steel Magnolias at the dinner theater in Florida and we had such a great time! It was one of the last things we got to do together before I moved to CA and I sure do miss my friend!! So, I made this layout with my friend in mind! All products used are SU! I got to use our fabulous SAB Love and Happiness rub-ons on this page - if you don't have these yet, what are you waiting for???!!! They come in four colors and really rock!! I know I am stockin' up since SAB is over on the 17th of March and these will be gone forever!! So, I was staying with the flower theme so that is what I based my paper, color, and rub-on choices on. The base of this layout is More Mustard card stock. The DP is Bali Breeze - I totally love this paper! I cut out the large flowers and used my scallop circle punch for the smaller ones out of one sheet and popped them up on dimensionals, then used another sheet to provide some background to the photos. I edged the DP with Old Olive card stock to draw out that color and pull in the rub-ons. On these small strips, I stamped the small flower from the Stitched Exotics stamp set in Old Olive classic ink. The pics are all backed in Taken with Teal card stock and all the corners are rounded with my corner rounder to give them a softer look. I also did this on the Naturals White card stock that I used for my journaling. If you look closely, you will notice that the Taken with Teal was stamped using my Stitched background stamp before I mounted the photos - you can see it clearly on the journaling block. I also inked the edges of the Naturals White journaling block with Taken with Teal Classic Ink. Of course, I had to use my jumbo eyelets and put them to good use as the center of both the large flowers as well as the tags. On the smaller flowers I used Taken with Teal brads and paper pierced the edges of the scallops. The tags are both Taken with Teal and Old Olive card stock and I paper pierced these as well, then threaded Taken with Teal and Old Olive grosgrain ribbon through the jumbo eyelets, and popped them up on dimensionals as well. Notice that I used some rub-ons on the tags as well! I used the My Way arrow punch on Old Olive card stock and then added the arrow rub-on and popped it up on dimensionals as well. I also added photo corners using my punch and used Taken with Teal and Old Olive card stock, then added a Regal Rose brad to complement the colors of the flowers. And, there you have it! I really had fun doing this layout so I hope you like it!

FACT #32
I am a perfectionist (although far from perfect) and so projects tend to take me longer than they should. Not just crafting, but all projects such as cleaning, cooking, decorating, etc. I am making a conscious effort to be aware of this and let things go that are really minor in the grand scheme of things. I am getting better, and I think I am happier now that I don't stress myself out over every little thing. I now only clean the bathrooms once a week instead of three - LOL! And no, I don't like to clean bathrooms!

I hope you all are having a fabulous day! I am now going shopping with my daughter (she is in year-round school, and off for the next month - YIKES! so I am trying to keep her entertained - only 29 more days to go, LOL!

24 comments:

Erin... said...

cute pages!! i can't believe sab is almost over already! i need more rubons!!! ps your pif is on it's way to you:)

Melissa said...

There's nothing like a good friend! Fabulous job on the scrapbook page - boy do I need to work on mine!!

Many Blessings,
M.

ScrapMomOf2 said...

Great two-page layout! I love it!

Anneke said...

beautiful layouts you have made

pescbrico said...

Really great pages! You can go back on my blog, I've put the link to find the template for the boxes or you can follow this link :
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=289773&page=5&highlight=qbee+peek-a-boo

Have a great day! :)

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

What a nice LO. How nice that you scrap your good memories. Friends are a treasure indeed. I'm so behind in my scrapbooking and I really need to get some photos developed. It's such a pain to upload to CD. Getting to the store is the easy part. Oh, almost forgot, yes, due to your request, and Debbie's, I'll post a tutorial on my tote. Had you ladies not asked, I wouldn't have even thought about it.

Rose Ann said...

Your pages look fantastic, Alex!!

Kim Marie said...

Your pages are perfect! ;)
Kim Marie

My Paper World said...

Gorgeous pages Alex! xx

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Love these pages, super layouts and colors. I wish I could scrap, I need to see the finish line with projects and every scrap book I have is unfinished! Great photos, thanks for sharing these! :)

Lesli said...

Super LO's. I love those colors!

Dawn Easton said...

Great pages! I don't scrapbook, although I ATTEMPT to every now and then...so I'll admire your pages!!

Hope you had a good day shopping with your daughter!

Deborah said...

I remember when you posted going to Steel Magnolia's with your Florida girl friend before you left. You must miss her so much! Your treasured pages are fabulous Alex! Great detail on your supplies used! LOL with your DD for a month! How about a ski trip to Tahoe with her? Hugs , Deb

Chris said...

great pages!! thanks for the sweet comments that you have left on my blog. it is always so nice to make a new blogging friend!! have a great day.

Catherine said...

Great layout =)

Nikki Bond said...

What FABULOUS pages! What an awful thing to be away from good friends! I'm missing mine in SC right now too! But at least you have these gorgeous pages to look at and remember! Have fun with your daughtr for the next month! {SMILES}

Manna said...

Wonderful pages, Alex!

Diane said...

Oh my Alex,your pages are gorgeous!
You must miss her for sure!!But you
have great memories to look at!
I'm sure you've been told time again that you have the most beautiful smile,when i look at your pics you make me smile with your smile!!! Thanks for that!!

Dawn Wheeler said...

Wow fabulous layouts ,love the colours and gorgeous photos ,Dawnxx

Lauren said...

Great layout. Love how you used the rub-ons!

Ila said...

These are Gorgeous layouts..the accents are Fabulous..and you and your good friend look like your having a wonderful time!!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

I remember that post about you and your girlfriend going to the show! What a great page! Good for you for scrapbooking. . .I need to get a move on that! :)

Ana Baird said...

Gorgeous pages! Love the colors you have used!

Anonymous said...

Great pages! Love the colors and the flowers you added!