March 8, 2008

GOTTA LOVE TART AND TANGY!

Okay, so I was annoyed this morning because I could not browse my fave blogs because BLOGGER WAS NOT WORKING!!!! I mean, don't they know that is how I enjoy my morning coffee - sheesh! Now my whole routine is thrown off - LOL!
I am soooo lovin' my new tart and tangy set and already have to order more Summer Picnic DP - can't get enough, I tell ya! This card is 4.5 x 4.5 - I love this card size. I used Real Red card stock for the base, then layered it with Old Olive card stock (this color is getting a workout!) . Then, there is a layer of Bashful Blue card stock. I love the multi-layered look, it gives the card such dimension. The DP is of course Summer Picnic - I used coordinating sides and took the square and cut it diagonally for some visual insterest. The image is mounted on Bashful Blue card stock and stamped on Whisper White. I did some faux stitching (I can't help myself) and then used the cute little cherry stamp from my Tart and Tangy stamp set. I colored it in with my Stampin' Write Markers and then hand drew the little ones up top so that I could actually portray a bunch (don't look too closely, I am so not an artist!) I then used the sentiment from my One Smart Cookie stamp set (love it!!) and stamped it in Real Red Classic Ink. I used my Small and Large Oval Punches, added some Real Red grosgrain ribbon and popped the whole thing up on dimensionals. I did add some small dots in Real Red marker around the edge of the Bashful Blue oval just for fun. I hope you like this fun little card and have a fantastic Saturday! I am off to my crop - is it just me, or does everyone pack up their whole house when they go to one of these things??!! I have to take my stamps, inks, brads, etc. but it is so much!! I need to be more organized I guess, but I am afraid if I don't take them all, the one I don't take will be the one I need - LOL!!! Can't wait to share with you tomorrow!!!

30 comments:

Melissa said...

Hahahaha! I was mad too!! :)

Lovin' this one too!

M.

Sharon said...

Must be all around. My blogger was not coming up either for a while. And, I guess I'm not the only one who packs everything but the kitchen sink. Then when the night is over I realize I didn't even use half the stuff I brought with me. Go Figure!! Have a great weekend!

Amber Porter said...

Great tart and tangy card! Glad to see another summer picnic addict! LOL!! Love your hand drawing!! It looks great!

Dawn♥ said...

Oh yep I agree pain in the butt this blogger was when I first tried to get on. URGH!

Love the cherries on your beautiful card Alex! HUGS right back atcha! :)

ScrapMomOf2 said...

I find it way too hard to leave the house to scrap . . . I want to take EVERYTHING! Love your card!

You asked about the crop: I've never done a digital page. It's an actual scrap page. They issue a challenge, you scrap it, photograph it, and upload it to the site to show that you've done it. It was FUN!

pescbrico said...

I was to agree I was not happy either not to be able to blog! :)
I love your card!

Pam Speidel said...

I guess it's a good thing I went into work this morning so I didn't know blogger was down. :) I would have been upset too as that's how I usually start my Sat morning. Gotta say that I really love this tart and tangy cherry card of yours! It's SWEET! and makes me want that paper too! Smiles, Pam :)

Chris said...

What a cute card. My daughter, Kayla, would love it, it has cherries on it and she loves all things cherries!!

Nancy Riley said...

GREAT card, Alex! I love the Summer Picnic DP too! Your stitching on the card is GREAT!

dasimonds said...

Yes..I do Love Tart & Tangy!!
Fantastic Card!!
I Love the way you've stamped
with the cherries...
Beautiful colors.

Anonymous said...

Alex,
It was so great to meet you today! I'm so glad you're scraping in "Paradise"...I hope you had as much fun as I did!
Love your blog!

Anonymous said...

Ha ha Alexandra I feel your pain, man I don't know how I would feel if I couldn't view my fav blogs over my morning coffee, well it would just stink! I only took three small containers of scraps and a few necessities to my scrapday yesterday and I made 7 cards, girl, it can be done! Love this card, so bright and cheerful

Blue Daisy said...

Gorgeous Alex the colour work so well!

Lyzzydee said...

Beautiful card!!!

Nikki Bond said...

I have a feeling I'm gonna be addicted to this set too! What an adorable card! I love that color combo! It looks "tart and tangy"! I'm with you on the whole coffee routine too! I just do mine 3 hours earlier I'm sure...being east coast and all. :) {SMILES}

Manna said...

Great card, Alex!

Dawn Easton said...

LOVE this Alex! You know I'm with ya on this paper ;) It's so delicious isn't it?! I'm on my second pack now too....hehe!
The faux stitching is fabulous on your card!!!
I was mad at Blogger yesterday too...gave me fits most of the day. So I finally posted late in the day and then didn't have anymore patience for it. Catching up this morning now ;)

Lesli said...

Supe card Alex!!! I love it!

Diane said...

Absolutely lovely!!!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful card! I love it! I can't wait for that paper to get here on Monday. I also ordered both sets you used.
Hugs and smiles

Natalie said...

What a great card, the colour and layout is fab. x

Jen Glover said...

Alexandra, This is so adorable... So M.E.!!!~ You are so creative. I hate to do this to my newest friend, but I have to "Tag" someone, so you are it.

Jen Glover said...

Oh! and check back at The Coconut ScrapShop this week, our NEW Gallery is going to be and running and I would LOVE for you to share some of your treaures with all of us Coconuts! :) *HUG*

Becca said...

love this card it is so pretty.
Bela

Ila said...

Love this card Alex!...I guess it was a good thing I had company this morning or I would have been unhappy over blogger too. Have a great day!!

Alhambra Club said...

Love your layout, what a great card.

Anonymous said...

this card is fantastic!!!!!!

Deb said...

oooh, what a fabulous card, I love the bright, fresh colours, those stamps and DP are just gorgeous!

Isn't it awful when you can't do what you planned, I love my morning coffee, blog browsing and what shall I make today time!

Debbie said...

Love it!! Can't wait to get that set and paper this week.

Heather P. said...

What a fun card!! :)