October 17, 2008

STAMP SOMETHING FRIDAY....NOT!

Happy Friday all!!! Well, normally today I would be sharing my Stamp Something challenge with you, but it is a sketch challenge and the sketch was not available to me before I left BUT that does not mean you can't get over to the Stamp Something site and check out what the rest of the DT did - I am sure they will WOW! you with their cards! And, upload your take on the sketch to the site so we can all come over and take a peek!! So, even though I don't have that to share, I do have something! I made another CD gift card holder, this time for Christmas! And, I plan on using this one myself for my son to take back all his cards in for the Naval Academy as they make the best gifts for him! I feel safe listing this because he DOES NOT read my blog - lol!!! I used my Jolliest Time of the Year stamp set again - I just love the whimsical cuteness of the stamps! This time I used Frosty, just love him. And, yes that is retired DSP but it is in his colors so I wanted to use it and Zach could care less if it's current or not! And, here is a picture of the inside of the case with the matching card and the gift card holders - I actually am putting three in this one instead of one (spoiled boy!) The stamp on the right side is from the new stamp set called Winter Post, which is part of Shelli's signature collection and is available in the holiday mini. This stamp is awesome because the Designer Label Punch fits it perfectly, making it a wonderful choice for card sentiments! It is a fabulous set and one of my favorites from the mini! And, I used quite a few of my felt flurries that are also available in the mini - they are awesome!! The rest is pretty self-explanatory but if you have any questions, just holler and I will answer them when I get back! Have a wonderful weekend!!!

28 comments:

Dottie K. said...

Just love this - so cute! And of course that snowman is adorable. Hope you're having a great time. :)

ScrapMomOf2 said...

Beautiful! I love this!

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Sorry you didn't have the sketch in time Alex. Love your CD project though, very fun and festive! Great papers and love the snowman! Enjoy the rest of your vacation. :)

Anonymous said...

super sweet Alex!!!!!

Manna said...

Very pretty, love it!

Erin... said...

Adorable project!! You'll have to try out the sketch when you're back from vaca, it's super fun!

Lauren said...

Even though you didn't get to do the sketch, this is fabulous! Great set.

Denise ~ Paper Ponderings said...

This is awesome!

kathleenh said...

This is lovely-but not too feminine. It should make a great gift for your son!

Kim said...

This is very cute. Gotta love it.

Dawn♥ said...

Totally love this!

Latisha said...

very cute!
Alex I hope you are having a terrific time with your friends!!

Melissa said...

I missed you today, but love your project anyway!

Many Blessings,
M.

Risa said...

Your CD project is gorgeous Alex and will make the perfect card holder gift for your son! The DSP and image are just beautiful!!!! Great job!!!

Emily said...

This is really pretty Alex! I love it! TFS!

a portland granny said...

Really a great idea! I like the back grouind paper, too. I know your son will be most happy to get that little set--Your week is almost over...I hope you have had a marvelous time. I know you must have. The highlight of any cruise I have ever been on has been being served three meals a day!! What a treat!

Diane said...

Absolutely adorable!!!!

Dani said...

LOL! You're too funny! Excellent idea and what cute papers!

Deborah said...

This card is sure to please at the Naval Academy! Love that DP! Okay cruisin' queen, can;t wait to hear all about it! I wonder how much scrappin' you all got done? LOL! Hugs, Deb

joslyn said...

love the cd project great gift!!

Catherine said...

great idea, Alex

Katie said...

Gorgeous colour combination as usual Alex. I love this set, such acute snowman.

Katie
x

Gina said...

gorgeous, love the papers :)G
Gina xxx

Nikki Bond said...

This looks great Alex! Love the felt snowflake and that dp is wonderful with the snowman! {SMILES}

Natalie said...

Gorgeous. I love the snowman. x

Rose Ann said...

This is fantastic, Alex!! I love this idea, and your end result!!

Anonymous said...

Alex, Hope all is going well and having loads of fun. Love this card. It's such a fun stamp set. Looking forward to your return.

Kathy Brown

Anonymous said...

Love the colors on this and your snowman is adorable.