May 20, 2009

TEAPOT TUESDAY - FOR THE BIRDS

Hi all!! I promised I would be back with something fun yesterday but I had another migraine and spent the day trying to get rid of it. So, today I will share my Teapot Tuesday challenge card! Cindy has given us a really fun teapot as inspiration this week!! You could do soo much with this!! I decided that is looked kind of woodsy and reminded me of birds so I went with the owl theme and pulled the colors from the teapot. Oh, I know the teapot says bakery and I am thinking of doing another one, but this is what came to me first so I went with it! I just love the little windows and the door - totally reminds me of the owl house in Winnie the Pooh, lol!! I hope you guys play along, it's really fun and I have gotten to meet some super nice peeps through this challenge!! Here are all the deets on Cindy's blog - check it out! I will be back tomorrow with some fun things to share, right now I am going to go and lie down again as I still have a lingering headache from my migraine last night - uggghhh!! I know it's the weather and instant heat, but sheesh, enough already!! Enjoy the rest of your day!
Card Recipe: (all items SU!)
Paper - Chocolate Chip, Naturals White card stock, Old Olive Patterns and Sweet Slumber Designer Series Paper
Inks - Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa, Old Olive stampin' write markers, Brown Stazon
Stamps - Owl Together Now
Accessories - Brown Corduroy buttons, brown brads, mat stack and paper piercer, small oval punch, large oval punch, designer label punch, old olive wide grosgrain ribbon, chocolate chip narrow grosgrain ribbon

29 comments:

Nikki Bond said...

This is tooo cute! Love how you made the double branch...very clever! {smileS}

Dawn Easton said...

Oh no Alex, I'm sorry to hear you had another migraine! Hope you are feeling better this morning!

Those owls are so cute!

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Love your card Alex! Those owls are super cute. Great layout and colors too. :)

Stef H said...

Super cute!

Hugs,

Rose Ann said...

I love your adorable owls, Alex!! Super cute card!!

I hope you're feeling better too!! Hugs!!

Denise ~ Paper Ponderings said...

Awesome! What fun inspiration and your piece is perfect. Hope the migraine left you completely!

mudmaven said...

That is just so cute Alex! Hang in there - hope you feel better soon!!!! ~chris

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Gorgeous card Alex, love the cute image and the great lo. Hugs Nikki x

Natalie said...

Great card Alex, I love the image and sentiment. x

Anonymous said...

Awesome card Alex! Love the double owls

Julie Koerber said...

This is just darling Alex!! Love those owls, the stitching and those cutie patootie buttons! Hope you are feeling better!!

Emily said...

This is so cute Alex! I love those owls! Great layout and colors too!

Ila said...

I love these Cute Owls!!..and your card is Gorgeous!!...Take Care Alex...hope you're feeling better!!..Hugs, Ila

Bethany Paull said...

I've heard migraines are just awful. I really feel for you. Thanks for sharing your beautiful card though. Great job with the inspiration tea pot.

Cindy Haffner said...

Alex just darling. xxoo

kathleenh said...

Pretty! I love the stitching around the main image and the cordurouy buttons add to the overall woodsy feel to the card.

I hope your migraine has gone away. I'm not a sufferer but I can't imagine how horrible they are to deal with.

Denise said...

Love the owls! Very cute card. Get well soon.

Anonymous said...

What a very sweet card Alex!! I love the fun owls!! Fab job on the challenge too!! :)

Chris said...

this card is freakin' awesome!! i hope you feel better soon...i get migraines from heat too!! >"<

Lou Sims said...

Fab card Alex and your owls are adorable. Take care and look after yourself,

Lou
x

Dani said...

Aww, I'm sorry about your head! That is no fun! But you did an excellent job with your card! Love it!

Jo said...

Gorgeous card Alex! Love the colours and the owls are so cute. Do hope you are feeling better soon x

Risa said...

Your card is too cute Alex! I love the owls! I hope you feel better soon, lord know that migraines are no picnic. Take care my friend and I hope all is better tomorrow!
hugs
Risa:)

Christie said...

So cute Alex! I love the owls.
I hope your head is feeling better. It's weird to think you had a migraine yesterday...I did too. It has to be the heat!

Angie Tieman said...

Super cute card! You really captured the feel of that teapot!

Hope you've kicked your migraine, I feel for ya!

Pam Speidel said...

Hope you're feeling better Alex! I use to get migraines often and they are NO FUN! :( Love your cute little owl card, especially the stitching and buttons! Smiles, Pam :)

Carolyn King said...

yipes...migraines STINK...I used to get them for years until i had my first child...then...gone!

Hope you feel better soon.

Your card is fantastic!!!

Louise F NZ said...

This card is just Fab Alex, I love the colours and those owls are too cute

Manna said...

What a fun card! Love the earthy feel to the card!