May 21, 2009

A GIFT BOX WITH CARDS

Hi all!! WOW - Thursday already, I can't believe it!! Almost time for the long weekend, WHOOHOO!! We have sooo much planned this weekend, I am not sure how we are going to fit it all in, but I know we are going to try, lol!! So, I am sure not a whole lot of creating will go on, but I am working ahead so I have things to share with you. Today I want to share a gift box with matching cards that I made using one of the Simply Scrappin' kits called Love Stories. I challenged myself to see how many projects I could actually get out of one of these without dipping into my other stash and this is the first one I completed. I also used some of the fabulous window sheets - love how they add to a project! For the box, I actually used my Big Shot Top Notes Die, cut the shape out of the card stock, then added a piece of window sheet to the back and used the negative image of the cut out to decorate the top of the box - pretty cool, huh?! Then, I added some flowers and ribbon just to pretty it up *wink* Inside the box are four cards(4.25x5.5) with matching envies - here is a pic of them all together. I love that this box allows for standard size cards to fit inside - I made four but I think you could easily fit six in this box with no problem. I think this set would make a great gift for any occasion, just change the colors and the theme and you are ready for just about any type of celebration! This particular set is romance - love, marriage, anniversary, you name it! This would be great for an engagement party, wedding shower, or anniversary because they can be used for any of these! With the decorated box and added ribbon, the presentation lends itself to making a fabulous keepsake for anyone you care to give it to! So, here are the closeups of the cards - I apologize if the pics are not the best, it was midnight when I took my photos so no natural sunlight at all!

















So, there you have it - four cards that all fit nicely in one box - gotta love that!! No recipe with this one but if you have a question about anything, just drop me a line and I will be happy to answer it! I am off to do some laundry, grocery shop, and clean - doesn't that sound fun?! NOT!!! I would soooo rather be playing in my scrap room!!

36 comments:

corinnesomerville said...

Wowza, girlie !!!!!!! Gooooooorgeous !!!!

Love ya!

Beth Norman said...

Wow, look at everything you made with one kit. The window box is very unique. I love what you did.

Dawn Easton said...

FABULOUS Alex!!! I love the window girl...awesome job!

Dawn♥ said...

Oh my Alex this a lovely gift set! Love colors and the designing! WOW!
Have a wonderful holiday weekend! :)
♥Dawn♥

Olena said...

WOW! Gorgeous!

Stef H said...

Holy Moly! You should open a shop! These are gorgeous!

Hugs,

Dottie K. said...

Oh so pretty! What a lovely gift! Enjoy your weekend! :)

Deb said...

Fabulous gift box and beautiful cards, this would make such a fantastic gift, I am truly inspired, you have given me such a good idea, thanks so much!
Hope you manage to squeeze some crafting time into your weekend somewhere!

Have a great day, Debx

Denise ~ Paper Ponderings said...

So, so, so pretty! All of it!

Heather P. said...

These are sooo pretty! Love how different they all are! :)

Vicki said...

Awesome Alex. Love the cards and that box is to die for. Great job!

Anonymous said...

Holy cow!! These are just gorgeous!!! I love the box you created!! Awesome idea girl!! :)

ScrapMomOf2 said...

Cute! I love gift sets like this! It's such a wonderful and practical gift! It's pretty and useful!! I made my mom a gift set of cards for Mother's Day.

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh I love your projects.

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Gorgeous idea Alex, love the papers and the wonderful design. Hugs Nikki x

Tammy Hershberger said...

What a great collection of cards, and such a nice gift! I love the soft colors!

Denise Marzec said...

Oh wow, Alex! I love the soft and pretty colors, and the cut-out flowers on the window is just FANTASTIC!

Shannon McGann said...

This is gorgeous! What a fantastic idea!

Marcea said...

this is gorgeous Alex, so pretty
-x-

Chris said...

what a super cute gift!! love the top notch die...will it run thru the cuttlebug? have a super holiday weekend! >"<

Dani said...

This is amazing! Love it!

Diane said...

Wonderful and beautiful kit Alex!

Angie Tieman said...

How pretty! This is such a fabulous set!!

Jamee said...

that is so cute, it makes a great gift for someone special!

Annacarin said...

Wow ,its a lovely gift set!!
You give me so much inspiration,
Thank's

Have a nice day
Annacarin

Ila said...

Oh Wow!! this is just a Fabulous gift set!!...I love the box and the cards are Gorgeous!!...Have a Wonderful Weekend Alex!!...Hugs, Ila

Nikki Bond said...

These are fantastic girl! Have a wonderful Memorial weekend! {SMILEs}

Manna said...

Brilliant gift! Love the see-thru box!

kathleenh said...

Beautiful card set Alex! I love the window on the top.

Melissa said...

Ack! How did I miss this?! Fabulous my friend, absolutely fabulous!!!!

Many Blessings,
M.

Rose Ann said...

OMgosh...this is fantastic, girl!! I love your die cut window in your box...and your cards are soooo pretty!! ☺

Natalie said...

Wow, Alex they are all beautiful. x

Risa said...

Wow...your gift box is a stunner Alex! I love it!!!
hugs
Risa:)

christie said...

Love, love, love this! Beautiful cards Alex! What a fantastic gift idea!

Cindy Beach said...

Gorgeous,Alex! This collection and the window box rock!

Boni Boutelle-Jones said...

ooooh I LOVE this idea! Very nice!! You always top the charts with ideas!!