May 18, 2009

SO SWEET - TAYLORS SKETCH CHALLENGE

Happy Monday all!! I swear, the weekends are flyin' by these days!! Tyler had his big birthday party on Saturday and I took yesterday to recover, lol!! I had a migraine for a lot of the day, they are no fun and I have to sleep them off! But, I did get a little stamp time in and played with the sketch from Our Craft Lounge stamps, Life is Sweet, they are too cute and I have not inked them up enough! And, ice cream being one of my fave things to eat, I thought this was a good choice! I had fun coloring in my banana split too - and right afterward, Kayla and I had some ice cream and watched one of our shows together, heehee!!! Of course, to this ice cream I added some Dazzling Diamonds to the whipped cream so it would really stand out!! I will leave you with the recipe below since I am off to take the dogs to the vet today - fun times with four of them! And, to let you know, the blog candy winners and the new DT for ScrapandStampSaturday will be announced tomorrow so make sure you check back for that!! Have a wonderful day!
Card Recipe: (SU! unless otherwise noted)
Paper - Baha Breeze, Whisper White card stock, Basic Grey Gypsy Series
Inks - Tangerine Tango ink pad, Stampin' Up! markers (Barely Banana, Ruby Red, Pretty in Pink, Close to Cocoa, Cameo Coral, Pumpkin, Pie, Bashful Blue, Gable Green)
Stamps - Our Craft Lounge Life is Sweet
Accessories - Scalloped Edge Punch, Sizzix Circle Bigz Die, Scalloped Circle Punches, Gable Green brads, Scalloped Oval Punch, Large and Small Oval Punches, Ribbon from Michaels, Paper piercer

31 comments:

Angie Tieman said...

Very pretty! Love the bright colors and layered circles!

mudmaven said...

Love this card! Just feels warm and sunny! ~chris

Dawn Easton said...

Very sweet card Alex! Hope today you are feeling better! I need to sleep my migraines off too...that and puke....lol...not cool eh?~

Anonymous said...

Oh how yummy Alex!! I love your fun design and colors!! I hope you're feeling better today hun!! :)

Rose Ann said...

Sorry about your migraine, Alex! Hope you're feeling better!!

I love your SUPER SWEET card!! Wonderful papers choice with that cute image!! Hugs!!

Boni Boutelle-Jones said...

Hmmm ice cream - my favorite meal!! My Grandma and I used to have ice cream for dinner every once in a while. LOL I'd go to visit her and she'd say what do you want for dinner? And of course I'd say "ICE CREAM" and she'd say "YOU'RE ON"! Then we would watch our favorite show together. Too funny. I miss her. Love your card Alex!! Can't wait for the big announcement tomorrow.

Manna said...

Very pretty card, Alex! Lovely colours!

Cindy Haffner said...

So yummy and pretty, excellent job. Hugs Cindy xx00

Lisa F said...

Very cute! Love the bright colors! Can't wait to see your new DT for scrapstampsaturday!

Latisha said...

Awesome card Alex!! I hope you are feeling better

Denise ~ Paper Ponderings said...

Oooooh...this is so pretty. LOVE the colors!

Stef H said...

Yummy, yummy and more yummy!

Hugs,

Dani said...

Love the colors here! Fabulous, and now I want ice cream! :)

Diane said...

Thanks for your comment Alex!
I'm hanging in there,but some days are harder than others.
Love your cards,gorgeous as always!
Good Luck with your job too!

Jacilynn said...

Yummy! This is too sweet. Gorgeous Colors Alex!

Renee said...

Love it! What great colors and fun image!

Crystal said...

So pretty lovin the colors!!!

Silke Ledlow said...

Beautiful card and take on the Sketch - Alex!!!

Denise Marzec said...

Adorable card, Alex!!

Chris said...

super cute! lovin the ice cream stamp!!

Ila said...

Fabulous Yummy card Alex!..I have a terrible weakness for ice cream too....Hope your feeling better...Take Care! Hugs, Ila

Anonymous said...

Totally yummy card Alex! Love the colors. take care of that migraine!

Nikki Bond said...

Looks good enough to eat Alex....sounds like you had fun at the party! {sMILES}

ScrapMomOf2 said...

Cute! Fun card!

Natalie said...

Great card, it looks good enough to eat. x

Melissa said...

Can you say fabulous?! I LOVE THIS!!

Many Blessings,
M.

Christina Fischer said...

Adorable, Alex! I love the fun colors!

Hope you're feeling well today! :)

Leslie Miller said...

Oooooh, I like this! I have this set and think it's so cute. Your card is darling, Alex! Love the colors. Reminds me of sherbet, which is totally yummy!

Lee said...

Oh I just love summery, citrusy colors!!! This is just deeeelish Alex!!!

Niki Estes said...

This is so cute, Alex! The colors are perfect for ice cream! Have a great weekend!

Risa said...

What a cute and fun card...it's making hungry for ice cream!
hugs
Risa:)