March 20, 2008

OOOOH....SASSSSSSYYYY!!

Hi all! Okay, I was sitting in my stamp room last night wondering what set I should break out when *gasp* I realized I had not inked up my Sassy Suzie Set from the Occasions Mini. What was I thinking!!! So, I decided that was the set to use. I totally love this set, I think it is a great light-hearted, total woman set that many of us appreciate! I was so excited to see SU! bring out a set like this - you have to admit, this is different for them but I LOVE IT!!! So, here she is in all her glory!! Isn't she a sassy thing - teehee! I enjoyed making this card, it was fun! Lots of layers too, which I love. The base of the card is Real Rust card stock layered with Creamy Caramel card stock and then the yummy East Coast Prep Designer Series Paper. I have to say, I have bought a LOT of the Dp this catty - it is all so deliciously yummy I cannot help myself!!! Okay, back to the card (focus, Alex!) Susie is layered with Real Rust, Creamy Caramel, and stamped on Whisper White card stock. I faux stitched around each of these pieces and sponged the outside layers with Real Rust classic ink and the inside layer with Creamy Caramel classic ink. I colored the image with my Stampin Write markers. All the layers are punched with my ticket corner punch (of course!) and the sentiment is stamped on Creamy Caramel card stock, punched out with my Key Tag Punch, and popped up on dimensionals. I added a piece of white grosgrain ribbon that I edged with my Creamy Caramel Stampin' Write Marker - I really like this effect. Lastly, I added a build-a-brad and used a piece of coordinating Dp from the East Coast Prep Series. There you have it - Sassy girl, yep I am!! Have a fantastic day!

27 comments:

pescbrico said...

I so find that this stamp set is funny! :) Great car!

Anonymous said...

Awesome card! I love your paper piercing and stitching!
Hugs and smiles

Amber Porter said...

What a great card! I loved this set when I saw it but haven't bought it yet!! I love the saying that says your hospitality was great - I'm moving in!! LOL!! Love the colors that you used on your card!!

ScrapMomOf2 said...

She is sassy and totally fabulous! Love it! Great colors too!

Anonymous said...

Hey there!!! I am SO jealous! THis set is on my list and your card is SO super cute! Can you get any funnier sayings....love it!

Ila said...

Fabulous!!..love your coloring and layout..I just got this stamp set too...what a Hoot!!

Alhambra Club said...

Love the card, would never have guess it was an SU stamp. Your coloring of Ms Sassy is fantastic, great card.

Deborah said...

Oh how cute is she? Good for SU! to get a little sassy aye? Hugs, Deb

kathleenh said...

Bring on the sassy! Love your card Alex. All of the layers, the paper piercing, and the build a brad. What fuN!

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Love this card Alex. The papers and colors are fantastic together and she sure is sassy! Love the stitching and the brad, great accents. :)

Shannon McGann said...

How could you neglect poor Suzy until now? LOL! This is a super-cute card! I love this set too. It has such funny sayings. Great job with this card - I haven't tried the East Coast Prep paper yet, but you've inspired me to order some! Twist my rubber arm! ;)

Gina said...

great card, love all the stitching detail
Gina xx

Dawn Easton said...

Fab card Alex! Love all the layers! LOL that girl cracks me up...the sentiments in that set are so funny!

Melissa said...

Hahahahahaha! Sassy Suzie reminds me of my mother! Excellent work A.!

Many Blessings,
M.

Jen Glover said...

So cute and funny~ LOVE IT!
Alex, you crack me up on my blog! ha ha! I got in a few sample pages of AdornIt's Sticker Papers to try in your Cricut. C'mon over! I need a review! :)
Love ya cutie!

Tracy.H said...

Great card, Alex! Love the ribbon and the stitching!! :0)

Nancy Riley said...

Such a great card, Alex!

Manna said...

What a fun card, Alex! Love the colours!

Debbie - StudioBeeCreations said...

What a FUN set!....and you did a MOST awesome job coloring her!.....which do you like better....JUMBO EYELETS or BABs?????lol

Lauren said...

This is so sassy and cute. Love the brad and the polka dots.

dasimonds said...

This is such a Cute stamp set.
It is on my list but I do not
have it yet.
Your card is Sweet!
Great colors..
Love all the details!!

Diane said...

Sassy Suzie!!!! You go girl! She's
such a darling!!

Rose Ann said...

This one is so adorable too!! I love your paper piercing and the brads you build!

Nikki Bond said...

WOW! I love the coloring job on this and the faux stitching is awesome! What a great card Alex! {SMILEs}

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

What WERE you thinking? LOL Your Sassy Suzie cards are adorable! So fun! Glad you inked it up! :)

Heather P. said...

LOL, she's a trip! Love her SASSY red hair! :)

Natalie said...

Another lovely card. x