March 16, 2008

BEATE'S WEEKEND SKETCH CHALLENGE - #39

Good morning all! It is a beautiful day here today - love days like this! Still kind of cool, but the sun is out and it is clear and crisp! Aaaahhhh, Spring is comin', I can feel it! So, today I want to share the card I made for Beate's weekend sketch challenge #39. I love that she posts these and I make every effort to do them every week! Here was my take for this week; I used the Just Celebrate stamp set from the Occasions mini - what a versatile set this is, I totally love it! I decided to make a square card because they are my favorite. I used Chocolate Chip card stock as my base (yummy!) then layered that with Bashful Blue card stock. I used a piece of the Western Sky Designer Series paper as well. All the papers used are punched with the corner ticket punch. For the little butterfly image, I layered the same card stock, then stamped the actual image on Whisper White card stock and colored it in using my Stampin' Write markers. I then stamped the butterfly again, cut it out, and using my two-way glue, added the new chunky glitter to the edges. Love the effect this gave! It is very 3d and sparkly IRL - even my husband was impressed! I did some faux stitching using my mat stack and paper piercer and added the vintage brads to the corners. The flower and half pearl is from the Pretties Kit - I inked the flower with my Chocolate Chip Classic ink pad and then adhered it with a mini glue dot. I also sponged the pearl with the same color ink. Then, added a piece of Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon and I was done! It is a simple card, but I really liked the way it turned out! Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the rest of your weekend!

37 comments:

Deborah said...

Love your card for Beate's challenge! I am just finishing up mine now to post. Hope Clyde is doing much better today! Happy Sunday sweetie! Hugs, Deb

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card, Alex! I need to play with this set more! It's so darling!

Hugs and smiles

Sara said...

really really cute!! love what you've done with that butterfly!

Louise F NZ said...

Beautiful card, I love how the butterfly is standing out. Gorgeous.

pescbrico said...

I like this! I have to find some time to try her sketch some day too! :) Have a happy Sunday!

Anonymous said...

Oh, my goodness! The chunky glitter really does sparkle! I was wondering if it was like the old grade-school glitter, but maybe not. You sure prettied up that butterfly with it! Enjoy your beautiful weather. It's a gray here, but it's great stamping weather!

Lesli said...

Great card Alex - I love the butterfly! Thanks for sharing :)

ScrapMomOf2 said...

This card is gorgeous! The brown and blue is so pretty together! I love how you made the butterfly dimensional AND sparkly! Love it!

Shannon McGann said...

This is gorgeous! That Chocolate Chip just goes with everything, doesn't it?! I love it with the blue. And the butterfly is so pretty!

Melissa said...

I think I'm going to have to try this color combo after seeing your card!

Excellent A.!

Many Blessings,
M.

Ana Baird said...

It's elegant and beautiful!

Lyzzydee said...

Lovely card!!

~Deborah~ said...

WOW! I just love these colors! I went shopping and got some new shirts these Colors just yesterday! LOL Looks Great!
TFS!
~Deb

Anonymous said...

Super cute! love the butterfly too!!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Very well done. Your prima is a nice touch.

Amber Porter said...

Love how the wings pop out on this card! Nice colors too!!

Deb said...

this is so gorgeous Alex, I love these colours together, my faves! Love your 3d butterfly too!

Dawn Easton said...

Wonderful card Alex! Love what you did with the sketch! Glad to hear your puppy is doing much better too!

My Paper World said...

I LOVE, LOVE the colours Alex! and the butterfly is gorgeous! xx

Alhambra Club said...

What a pretty card, love that butterfly

Jen Glover said...

Ok, it's all beautiful! The Lucky lO and the card! You are so talented! I'm so glad to hear your dog is ok. I have a Westie and he is so dear to me, I can't even imagine. *HUG*

Where is your blog candy? I must enter! I've become addicted to SU!!!!

Rose Ann said...

This is so pretty, Alex!! I'm loving the colors and your butterfly!!

corinnesomerville said...

Great job on Beate's challenge !! Here I thought I'd get a ton of stamping done this weekend with Kevin away but I've actually done NONE !! I had a blast with the kids yesterday so today will be stamping day :) The first thing I'll be doing is Beate's challenge!
Have a good one...love ya

Lauren said...

This is such a pretty card. I love the butterfly wings!

Corie said...

Alex, this is just beautiful!!

I hope Cylde is feeling better!!

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Very pretty Alex. I love those colors and that printed paper. The butterfly is colored so nicely and I like how it's popped up. Great accents on the flower too. Just a beautiful card. :)

Suzanne said...

Great card I love the colours and a great sketch from Beate. Sue :o)

Manna said...

This is very pretty, Alex!

Nikki Bond said...

WOW! This is super CUTE! Love the flower embellishment and that butterfly looks beautiful with this sketch! Great job! {SMILES}

Erin... said...

I love this!! The butterfly looks so cute!!

dasimonds said...

Great sketch challenge...
Beautiful card!
Pretty colors and papers.
I love the flower and butterfly..
great sparkle!

Catherine said...

this is so gorgeous! love it!

AJ said...

cute!! love the colors and the butterfly!! fabulous!

Beckie said...

Gorgeous card Alex, the butterfly is beautiful, love it.

kathleenh said...

Pretty! I like how you have the wing coming up from the card.

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful Alex! I love the colors you used and the butterfly is sooo pretty!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Just beautiful, Alex! Love it!