July 12, 2007

A CARD FOR MY SON AT THE NAVAL ACADEMY

Hi there! Thought I would share a card that I made for my son who as a lot of you know is going through Plebe Summer at the Naval Academy right now (very arduous boot camp). So, I write to him everyday and thought it would be fun to make something for him - so here it is! I used brilliant blue for the base, Ballet Blue for the accent pieces and barely banana for the top piece which I stamped all over in Night of Navy Ink with the star from the retired set Land That I Love (I will never tire of that set!) Sorry the picture does not do the colors justice - not sure why as it looked great when I took the pic. Anyway, I have this great United States Navy Emblem stamp (don't remember where I got it) that was perfect for this card so I stamped it in Night of Navy ink, colored in the words with the same color marker, and popped it up on dimensionals. I added a piece of Summer Sun Ribbon to draw out the gold in the background, used my large oval punch for the sentiment which is also stamped in Night of Navy ink, added a brad, and there you have it! I sure hope he likes it! That's all for now! Toodles!

2 comments:

Vicki said...

You were right, it did turn out great. I know he'll love it. I'm still really digging that star stamp.

Debbi (no 'e' on the end) said...

Great card.....I'm sure he loved it. Please tell your son we said Thank you for your service!!