September 19, 2011

HOLIDAY MINI SPOTLIGHT SERIES - DAY NINE (SCROLL DOWN FOR PICS)

Good Monday morning ladies!!! I hope you all had a great weekend!! I have to tell you, mine was FABULOUS!! Yes, I took time off from blogging - I wanted to spend some time with my daughter this weekend!! Friday night was the Homecoming game and she had a blast! She was on the Homecoming Committee and worked very hard on the Freshman Float for the halftime show.  Well, for the first time in SIX YEARS, the Freshman Float TOOK FIRST PLACE!!!!  She was soooo excited - I was thrilled for her AND them!! She had two friends who stayed the whole weekend with us as their moms were at a Church Retreat so we did lots of fun things together! Movies, pizza, frozen yogurt, mall shopping, lunch out, ,etc. It was a great weekend! Tony was hunting and Tyler had to work, so it was just us girls :-)
Here are a couple of the pics from this weekend - these silly girls were snapping pics of themselves all weekend! They were laughing hysterically as they took these but they actually got some cute shots and just look a those smiles!! They tend to look in the mirror a lot and take pics of each other - I don't remember ever doing this, but I am glad they do because it lets me see what they are up too, and I then I have some silly shots of her and her friends to put in her Freshman scrapbook - and yes, I plan on putting them ALL in there so she can look back and remember how much fun she had, and who she spent the most time with! I think these girls will be friends forever :-)
And, of course, here is the most beautiful girl in the world - and yes, I am biased because she is mine!!! I think she has a beautiful smile - it warms my heart to see it!!! She did tell me that she is "adorable" LOL! And yes, she is *wink* It was really nice to spend time with these girls, and listen to them tease each other, sing at the of their lungs, and laugh over everything and anything that happened! It made me happy that they included me as well, even though I know THAT won't happen very often so I better take advantage of it while I can, heeheee! It was just the BEST weekend - spending precious time with my daughter before she is all grown up and on her own is very important to me!!
So, if you have stuck with me this far, I will now share a project with you - I know that is why you stopped by, lol! This is yet another project I did using products from the Holiday Mini! It is a mini book class that I taught on Friday night while the girls were at the game - it gave me some girl time too :-) I used the Spice Cake Suite again - I know, I know! It IS a fall book though, so it worked out perfectly, heehee! I have already shared the cover in this post, so now I am going to share the inside pages! This is an accordion style book that folds up nicely for storage, but makes a beautiful display piece as well! I am going to show you all six pages plus the inserts, and then I will briefly tell you what products I used. I can't list everything for each page because it will be a book, and not a blog post, lol! Here are the pages listed in order:
These are the first two pages of the mini! Lots of detail on these pages - the leaves are cut out on the Big Shot using the Leaves #2 die, and then lightly sponged with More Mustard and Cajun Craze classic inks. The images are from the Always Thankful and Gently Falling stamp sets, both of which can be found in the Holiday Mini. The Spice Cake Designer Series paper is used throughout this mini, and you can see some of it here! If you noticed the More Mustard Scalloped polka ribbon loops sticking out of the top of the book, those are actually attached to the four insert pages that are included in this mini book.  Four fun pockets for more pictures, journaling, or memorabilia, - fun, right?!
These are pages three and four of the mini book and these pages each have a pocket for insert pages as well! The images on the left side of the book are from the Faith in Nature Hostess set - this is a beautiful stamp set that goes well with lots of different projects! The punched flower on that page was made using the Blossom Bouquet Triple Layer punch, love it!! That yummy ribbon along the bottom of that page is the Pool Party Ruffled ribbon, which I love!! The image and the sentiment on the right side of the book are from the Always Thankful stamp set: there are such great images in this set I think they are ALL used in this mini, lol! The sentiment is punched out using the Decorative Label punch and then popped up on dimensionals. See that button? That is also from the Holiday Mini - there are four colors of these jumbo buttons in the Spice Cake Designer Buttons pack and you get four of each color!! I took some Spice Cake fabric and threaded it through the button, then tied a bow - I just love how the fabric frays and looks soooo good with these fall pages! The Early Espresso Wide Striped grosgrain ribbon is laid across the center of the page, and looks great with the colors of the paper!
These are pages five and six of the mini book, and the left had side has the last of the four pockets that contain an insert page. The pear image you see on that page is also from the Faith in Nature Hostess set. It is stamped twice, once directly on the page, and then again on some Naturals Ivory card stock.  The pear is cut out, then popped up on dimensionals over the stamped image on the page - looks great! The border along the triangle piece of the Spice Cake DSP is actually from the Lace Border punch - we just punched it out, then cut the lace border in half and snailed it to the triangle! The accordion flower was also made out of the Spice Cake patterned paper, and we added some Soft Suede taffeta ribbon, and a More Mustard flower designer button. On the right side there are images from both the Always Thankful and the Gently falling stamp sets. The ribbon down the edge is Very Vanilla thin grosgrain ribbon, and the border along the triangle of Pool Party card stock is punched using the Eyelet Border punch.
These are the inserts that are located in the four pockets of the mini - I only took a picture of two of them as the other two are identical to these. These were kept simple as too much embellishing here would have made it difficult to close the book and you want it to be able to lay flat if need be. The top corners are rounded using the Corner Rounder punch, and each insert has a piece of looped More Mustard Scalloped Polka Dot ribbon held in place with a Chocolate Chip jumbo brad. There is lots of room to add extra pics, or notes, or whatever you want!! So, that is the book - isn't it fun??!! This book IS available in a kit so if you would like to make one of your own, please contact me and I will mail it out priority flat rate straight to you! Cost of this is $45(plus 4.95 shipping) and you receive everything you need including directions for putting it together! If you want to purchase the items you see here, you can place an order in my online store, or contact me and I will be happy to place your order for you! I hope you enjoyed this super long blog post - if you hung with me to the end, you are a ROCK STAR, lol!!! I will be back with a cute Christmas project using Holiday Mini products for my last product Spotlight post! Have a wonderful day, and I hope you take the time to create something!

No comments: