September 20, 2011

HOLIDAY MINI SPOTLIGHT - DAY TEN

Good morning!!! Today is the last day of my Holiday Mini Spotlight Series!! I hope you have enjoyed the last ten days of posts showcasing the fabulous products the mini has to offer!! I am sure you will see more projects from me using mini products, but I have a lot of other projects brewin' right now too *wink* Today I am going to share a Christmas card that uses several different products from the mini! The image is from the Christmas Lodge stamp set - the images in this set are just beautiful!!! I stamped the image in Always Artichoke CRAFT ink, then added clear embossing powder and embossed it using my heat tool.  I then added some subtle white accents on the edges and the bottom of the tree using my white gel pen!

Here is a closeup so that you can see a little bit better although I know it is hard to see in the picture.  I stamped it on Naturals White card stock because I love the pigmentation of this paper, it looks fabulous with this stamp set! I used the Scalloped Oval Die Cut with my Big Shot to cut the oval and the Scalloped frame around the image. It fits perfectly inside there like it was made for it :-) The patterned paper is from the Frostwood Lodge Designer Series paper pack, also in the Holiday Mini and it has beautiful vintage pages that are perfect for all you holiday projects! I just love the woodgrain look of this paper - perfect for the tree, right?? The sentiment is also from the Christmas Lodge stamp set and is stamped in White CRAFT ink, then embossed using the white embossing powder because I really wanted it to stand out! I used my mat pack to add the textured border along the top and the bottom, and then I trimmed each end of the sentiment piece using the Designer Label punch! It is so fun to be able to use punches in lots of different ways, and I really love the design it leaves here on the edges! I then popped the whole sentiment piece up on dimensionals.  The ribbon is also from the mini and is Early Espresso Quilted ribbon - totally yummy ribbon!! It looks and feels rich!! Soooo pretty!! Lastly, I added some pearls to each scallop around the image - doesn't it look awesome??!! I love these pearls, they dress up every projects I used them for! This is a simple card, but very pretty, and would make a great Christmas card (hmmmm.....maybe I will use this one, lol!) If you like any of these products and would like them for your own, you can shop in my online store, or contact me and I will be happy to place your order for you! I had such a great time showing you all these wonderful projects using mini products - I hope you were inspired by at least one project that I shared!!Now, I am off to get ready for my downline meeting tonight - I just love seeing my gals, they are all so creative, sweet, and fun!! I hope you all have a fabulous day, and take time to create something!
Card Recipe:
Paper - Chery Cobbler, Early Espresso, Naturals White, Always Artichoke card stock, Frostwood Lodge Designer Series Paper
Inks - Always Artichoke and Whisper White CRAFT inks, Early Espresso classic ink, white gel pen
Stamps - Christmas Lodge
Tools - Big Shot, Scalloped Oval die, heat gun, clear and white embossing powder, Designer Label punch, Dimensionals
Accessories - Early Espresso Quilted ribbon, Basic Pearls

No comments: