June 28, 2011

A FUN SWAP SNEEK PEEK

Good morning all!!! I hope you had a wonderful weekend - I know I did!! I spent lots of time by the pool, and in my stamp room - doesn't get much better than that *wink* Now, if I could only figure out how to combine the two, lol!!! Yesterday I had a friend over and we scrapbooked all day, amidst much laughter and chatting - I think there was more of the latter, to tell you the truth :-) It was a fun day though! Today I wanted to share a fun swap card I made for a swap I am in with my stamping group.  Let me tell you, these ladies are mega talented, I can't wait to get my swaps back!!! I made this one using products from the new catalog so you are getting a preview of all the fabulous things to come! The base of this card is Daffodil Delight, which is one I reach for a lot - love this bright, sunny yellow, so perfect for the summer! The stamp set is called My Friend, and has some beautiful images in it! I stamped the flowers in Versamark , then added white embossing powder, which I heat set  with my heat tool.  Then, I layered the Pear Pizazz on Early Espresso, tore and inked the edges - aren't they soooooo purdy??!!! The patterned paper is from a new collection called Just Add Cake and has some fun and beautiful designs.  The sentiment is from the same stamp set, stamped in Early Espresso on Daffodil Delight, then trimmed out, and popped up on dimensionals.  Lastly, I added some fun Whisper White taffeta ribbon with a little bit of bling. So fun - I hope the ladies like it!!! Today is a busy day full of appts and errands so I am outta here for most of the day!  I hope you all have a wonderful day and have time to get creative!!! I will be back tomorrow with some fun pics of my downline meeting tonight and a cute project we are doing, but until then, happy stampin'!
Card Recipe:
Paper - Daffodil Delight, Early Espresso, Pear Pizazz card stock, Just Add Cake Designer Series Paper
Inks - Early Espresso, Pear Pizazz, Versamark
Stamps - My Friend
Tools-  Heat Tool, embossing powder, dimensionals
Accessories - Whisper White taffeta ribbon, Basic rhinestones

No comments: