January 26, 2011

LOVE AND WATERFALLS

Happy Hump Day all!!!! WOW!!  The weather here is so strange - one day I am freezing to death and then the next day you can wear short sleeves! Today it is absolutely beautiful outside, makes me want to throw open all the windows and enjoy the nice sunshine :-)  Makes me want to stamp too, lol!!!  For Valentines, I like to spoil my husband with more than one card - he gets a card a day for about a week, heehee! So, this is one of them that I made that he will receive.  It is a waterfall card made with the new sets out of the Occasions Mini called Valentine Defined(clear item 123057) and XOXO(clear item 121973), both of which I have fallen in love with and inked up TONS already. For me, these can be used year round to stamp cards for the people you love.  I also used the yummy new designer series paper Love Impressions(item 121780) - just love all the hearts and kisses on this paper :-)  Not a ton of detail on this card, Tony does not like a lot of fluff, LOL! But, still stinkin' cute, right??!!  The images are mounted on squares of Pink Pirouette card stock(item 111351) that are embossed with the Square Lattice folder(item 119976) using my Big Shot(item 113439).  I also used my Eyelet Border Punch(item 119853) on the strip of Pink and added two silver glimmer brads(item 121003 in the Occasions Mini) for some extra pizzazz! The little tab at the bottom was made using the Modern Label Punch(item 119849) and DSP. I then just added a cute little Whisper White flower button(item 119743) with twine - love it!!! So, all you do is pull that little tab and you have a waterfall of images.  It is super cool and a WOW! every time I make one of these!
Here is a shot of it open - it is hard to see it in the pics but it is flipping those images over one by one! And, when you pull the tab down, it reveals the sentiment stamped inside - this one says love you :-)  Super cute, right??!! I just love making these, they are fun to do and they are a kick to give to people because you get to watch them reveal the secret message and see a huge smile every time!!! Today is full of stamping for me and then off to run some errands! I hope you all get some creative time in as well - it is so good for the soul :-) If you like any of the products I used on this project, they can be purchased in my online store or you can email me and I will be happy to help you put an order in! Remember, Sale-A-Bration is going on and that means free goodies with every $50 order so it is a perfect time to get those favorites you have been highlighting in the catalogs - and you know who you are who do this LOL!!! Thanks for stopping by, I will be back with another fun project to share tomorrow - until then, happy stampin'!



Card Recipe:
Paper - Real Red, Going Gray, Pink Pirouette, Whisper White card stock, Love Impressions Specialty Designer Series Paper
Inks - Real Red, Pink Pirouette classic stampin' pads and Real Red, Pink Pirouette, Going Gray stampin' write markers
Stamps - Valentine Defined, XOXO
Accessories - Designer button, twine, Real Red thin grosgrain ribbon
Tools - Designer Label punch, Eyelet Border punch, Square Lattice embossing folder, Big Shot machine

1 comment:

Diane said...

Well isn't he a lucky man to recieve 7 cards!!! I'm sure he deserves them!
That one is wonderful,love the waterfall! Cool card!Lovely papers!