September 2, 2010

HOLIDAY MINI SAMPLES - LOVIN' EVERYTHING ABOUT IT!

Oooh, the new Holiday Mini is chock full of total YUMMY stuff and I am having soooo much fun playing with it all! I got out all the fun new sets, embellies, and dies and went to town! Paper was flyin', Ipod was blasting, and I was getting in my stampin' groove, LOL!!! Seriously, this is the BEST mini by far since I became a Demo three years ago, and I have thought they were all pretty fabulous! This one though - ACK!! LOVE IT!!!! So, I have a couple of cards I want to share with you today using some of the vintage products in this little mini! This first card is made with the fabulous new Christmas Collage background stamp.  This card came together so super fast and really turned out great! The base of the card is Soft Suede, and then I stamped a piece of Very Vanilla card stock with Cherry Cobbler classic ink. Then, I stamped the image again, this time in Always Artichoke classic ink,cut out the 25 circle, and popped it up on dimensionals.  I colored in the poinsettias with my Cherry Cobbler stampin ' write marker, and then used my Always Artichoke marker for the holly leaves.  I also used some of the Very Vanilla Seam Binding ribbon across the bottom - this ribbon is just gorgeous, I love it! Lastly, I added one of the new large Deck the Halls big designer buttons and used two of our rhinestones to give the card some pop! Very easy, but love the way it turned out!
Card Recipe:
Paper - Soft Suede, Very Vanilla card stock
Inks - Always Artichoke, Cherry Cobbler stampin' inks and stampin' write markers
Stamps - Christmas Collage
Accessories - Very Vanilla 1/2 inch seam binding ribbon, Deck The Halls Big Designer Buttons
This next card is also of the vintage variety. I used a lot of the same colors because I wanted to use the Deck the Halls Designer series paper.  The base of this card is Always Artichoke and I ran it through my Big Shot being careful to leave enough at the top edge to create my card.  I used the Bigz Scallop Square Die - it makes a wonderful card shape! There are lots of layers to this card, I just love layering, LOL! Cherry Cobbler card stock is combined with two different layers of the DSP.  The main image is stamped on Very Vanilla card stock and mounted and DSP that was also run through the Big Shot, this time using the new die in the Holiday Mini called the Scallop Squares Duo - love it because it has two different size scallop squares and is great or layering and adding dimension to your projects! The image is from the new stamp set called Bells and Boughs, which has a very vintage feel and is abolutely gorgeous! I used the poinsettia centerpiece stamp because I love coloring it! I used my Cherry Cobble stampin' write marker, then went over it with my Versamarker, added some clear embossing powder, and heated it with my heat tool. I actually repeated this step because I really wanted the flowers to stand out and they really do although it may be hard to see that in this picture.  Then, I used my Always Artichoke marker and colored the pines, making this image so rich with color! And, more seam binding ribbon on this one although I used the Always Artichoke this time - love, love, love this ribbon!! Just gorgeous!!! Another vintage button had to be used to - yep, I am addicted to the buttons, LOL! I added some twine and actually tied a bow on this one - YUMMY!  The sentiment is stamped on Very Vanilla in Always Artichoke, punched out using the Curly Label die, then popped up on dimensionals.  I did add a little accent color with my Cherry Cobbler marker just to pull the whole card together! A little more work on this one, but soooooo fun to make!!! I am having such a good time playing - I will be showing you some fun fabric projects tomorrow so make sure you check back to see what I have been up to!! Thanks so much for stopping by, I am off to stamp :-) 
Card Recipe:
Paper - Always Artichoke, Cherry Cobbler, Very Vanilla card stock, Deck the Halls Designer series paper
Ink - Always Artichoke, Cherry Cobbler classic inks and stampin' write markers
Stamps - Bells and Boughs
Tools - Heat Tool, Curly Label Punch, Big Shot
Accessories - Deck the Halls Designer button, Always Artichoke 1/2 inch seam binding ribbon, Bigz Scallop Square Die, Bigz Scallop Square Duo Die, twine

3 comments:

Crystal said...

OH WOW Alex these are FANTASTIC Holiday creations!!! Beautiful sweetie!

Dawn♥ said...

OMGoodness these are stunning Holiday cards. Love them. :)

helloholley said...

beautiful.....I'm now a follower from SC!!!!