May 12, 2009

MOJO MONDAY - HERE FOR YOU

Hi all!! Quick post today, I have TONS to do as I have a workshop to get ready for tomorrow (yep, left it to the last minute again!). Eek - WHY do I do this to myself??!!! So, today I am sharing the card I made for the Mojo Monday sketch this week. Great sketch although I for the life of me could not make it work for me, lol!!! So, this is the version I finally came up with. I used my Friends 24-7 set, I think it is a keeper for me, I just love every stamp in this set!! Sorry for the bad lighting on this one, we were having some weird weather and I just could not get a good shot. I will leave you with the recipe and a reminder: we are still accepting submissions for the Scrap and Stamp Saturday Design Team; the ones we have received so far are fabulous!!! If you are interested, please email your samples to ScrapandStampSaturday@gmail.com. What have you got to lose?? It will be fun so give it a shot!!! And, you can still win candy on both mine (see post above) and Melissa's blog just by linking our new site and signing up as a follower!!!
Card Recipe:
Paper - Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White card stock, Patterns Designer Series paper
Inks - Chocolate Chip stampin' pad, Old Olive, Always Artichoke, Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose Stampin' Write Markers
Stamps - Friends 24-7
Accessories - Chocolate Chip narrow grosgrain ribbon, pink brads, Scalloped Edge Punch

32 comments:

corinnesomerville said...

Wasn't this week's sketch so much fun !!! You did a great job...as usual ! Hope you're feeling back to your happy self and that your sinus infection is finally cleared up !!

Love ya...and miss ya !

Manna said...

Great sketch, Alex! Love the colour combo!

Risa said...

Very pretty card Alex! I love your image and the color combo is awesome! Great job!!!
hugs
Risa:)

scrapnnMO said...

It's absolutely GORGEOUS! Love it! :)
♥Dawn♥

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

I thought this weeks sketch was rather interesting and I think you rocked it! Very pretty card.

hugs,

Erin... said...

gorgeous!

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

Gorgeous card Alex, love the images and the pretty colour scheme and lo. Hugs Nikki x

Dawn Easton said...

I loved the sketch this week also! GREAT card Alex! Hope the prepping for the workshop goes well...you and I are always last minute eh? hehehehe!

kathleenh said...

Ooh this is pretty! I love the pink, green and brown together.

Denise ~ Paper Ponderings said...

Very pretty! I can see why it's a keeper set!

Boni Boutelle-Jones said...

I think you did just fine with the sketch! Love the pinks and greens and the sentiment is a keeper!! but I know what you mean about being challenged by a sketch. I haven't even started mine for this week yet. LOL Wish me luck!

Melissa said...

Why oh why haven't I gotten this set yet?! This is fabulous!

Many Blessings,
M.

ScrapMomOf2 said...

Very pretty. I love the green and brown with just a touch of pink. Very nice!

Christina Fischer said...

So pretty, Alex! Great take on the sketch! :)

Heather P. said...

This is so pretty! Love the pink/green combo. :)

Michelle said...

Gorgeous Alex! Loving the colors.

Have a great day!

Rose Ann said...

Your card is so beautiful, Alex!! Wonderful job with the sketch!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is gorgeous!! I love what you did with the sketch!!

Denise said...

Very lovely card, I like those colors together.

Natalie said...

Beautiful card Alex. x

mudmaven said...

Love your card Alex! I really want to play with this week's sketch - maybe tonight! Knee is much better! ~chris

Denise (peanutbee) said...

BEAUTIFUL, Alex!! What great papers to go with these stamps.

Cindy Haffner said...

Beautiful, super awesome job. Hugs Cindy xxoo

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

What a beautiful card Alex!! Really love your colors with the three panels!! Fab job!! ;)

scrappermimi said...

Can I tell you these colors are fabulous!

Chris said...

very pretty card!! love the colors!

Angie Tieman said...

Very pretty! HOpe your workshop goes well!

Lee (LuvLee on SCS) said...

Ohhh that is a beautiful layout!! And the color combo is sooo pretty!!! I love those flowers!!

Pamela said...

Beautiful! I love this!

Ila said...

Your take on this sketch challenge is Fabulous.....I love those flowers and colors!!...Hugs, Ila

Emily said...

This is beautiful Alex! I love the colors and papers that you used! Great images too!

Dani said...

Fabulous job with the sketch! Love it! I was hoping to play this week too, but no such luck! :)