****CAUTION - LONG POST.....NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART****
**THIS POST TO REMAIN ON TOP UNTIL MAY 15TH, PLEASE SCROLL DOWN FOR NEWER POSTS**
Hi all!!! Well, it is time for me to tell you all what I have been soooo very excited about this past week.......so I will!!! A good friend of mine, Melissa aka Simply Pink have been chatting quite some time about catching up on scrapbooking and fitting it in with our stamping. We are both avid scrapbookers who became stampers and became passionate about both!! So, we put our noodles together and came up with THIS!!!! Scrap and Stamp Saturday Challenge site!!! It is our very own site designed to inspire creativity by bringing scrapbooking and stamping together to create beautiful memories! We have worked on our site for quite some time, lined up TONS of wonderful sponsors who are as excited as we are about this idea, and now we are on the hunt for the talent that will make this site FABULOUS!!! So, please read below!!!
We are searching for EIGHT enthusiastic, talented scrapbookers and stampers who desire to share their creativity with others! International applicants are welcome to apply. Now for the details:
STAMP AND SCRAP SATURDAY DESIGN TEAM CALL
WHAT WE REQUIRE:
(1) Each DT applicant MUST have an active blog and make regular posts
(2) Submit five projects with the following themes:
- One 12x12 layout about yourself (this will help us get to know you better!)
- Project with Vacation theme
- Project with Summer theme
- Project with Special Moments theme
- Project with a Monochromatic theme
You can do any type of project you want, but keep in mind that each of the five submissions MUST clearly have both scrapbooking and stamping incorporated into it. Those that do not will not be considered. Be creative - show us what you've got!!!!
(3) Any prior DT experience and current DT experience should be included in submission
(4) Full name, geographic location, blog address, and any galleries where you upload your work
(5) A paragraph explaining why you want to be a part of the Scrap and Stamp Design Team
***All DT submissions should be emailed to email@example.com and be received by Melissa and Alex no later than midnight, 15 May 2009. Those chosen will be notified no later than Saturday, 23 May. The first challenge will be held on 6 June, with all DT projects due in by midnight PST on the 4th.***
RESPONSIBILITIES IF SELECTED:
(1) Have submitted projects to us by Thursday at midnight PST prior to the challenge Saturday
(2) Arrange ahead of time if you have something scheduled that will prohibit you from participating in a given challenge. We know life happens! However, if you fail to notify us and miss two postings, you will be dropped from the team as it would be unfair to the rest of the team who IS participating
(3) Have your project and write-up for the challenge uploaded and posted on your blog by 10am EST. Your post should include links to the site as well as to your fellow DT members
(4) List the DT team on your blog on your sidebar and display the DT site blinkie
(1) You will receive a DT site blinkie to display on your blog
(2) The site will clearly display your name and a link to your blog
(3) The chance to share your creativity with others
(4) Meet new people and share ideas
(5) No compensation at this time except what our sponsors provide in the way of advertising their product. Any such provision will be mailed to the DT member well in advance of that challenge week.
So, what do you think? I am very happy to be doing this, and feel that there is so much potential for a site like this - it's a great chance to catch up on scrapbooking, stretch your creativity in ways you may not have thought of, and have fun!!! AND, since I noticed yesterday that I have gone over 80,000 hits on my blog and I am feeling in the party mood, I have decided to offer up BLOG CANDY!!!! WHOOHOOOO!! Check out all these fabulous goodies!!! What do you have to do - well, I'll tell ya *wink* Very simple really! Here are the rules:
(1) Leave a comment here telling me what you think of the new site
(2) Go to scrapandstampsaturday and register as a follower (please register here too if you have not already)
(3) Post a link on your blog about this post!
That's it!!!! EASY PEASY LEMON SQUEEZY!!!!! Good luck to everyone and I hope we get flooded with submissions because I know there are soooo many talented folks out there!!! Thanks for sticking with me through this UBER long post!!! Have a fabulous weekend!