July 16, 2008

AHHHHH......CAN YOU SMELL IT???!!!

That's the smell of sweet new rubbah, baby!!! WHOOOOHOOOO!!!! I FINALLY got my box yesterday after the resked of my delivery date....I thought I was going to cry!! I was on the front porch before Mr. Brown could get out of his truck - I don't know who he was more afraid of , me or the dogs, LOL! But, I immediately mounted all my new stamps and got to work! This card is made using Julee's Mojo Monday sketch, which I fell in love with, it is fabulous!!! Perfect for new stamps too! I ADORE this new stamp set - it is called Dreams du Jour and it is simply fabulous!! I was really somewhat sad when Touch of Nature retired, but now that I have this set with the butterfly, I feel much better - LOL!!! I used my new in-color card stock for the base, it is called Riding Hood Red, and oooh, it is YUMMY!!! I topped it with the new Bella Rose Designer Series paper, aaaahhh...I can tell this will be a favorite!! Then, I used the flip side of the same dp which is the brown with polka dots - isn't it fabulous! All the images are stamped in Chocolate Chip ink; I water colored my sentiment image with both Riding Hood Red and Kiwi Kiss classic inks, another one of the in-colors, then double stamped the butterfly, once on the Whisper White card stock and then once on the Bella Rose dp, cut it out, and made it 3d...pretty, huh? Can't go wrong when the paper is this beautiful! I also used some of the new buttons from the button bouquet, love them!!! I rounded the corners of all my paper to give my card a softer look and voila, done!!! I am sooooo excited about getting to play with new products because I ADORE Stampin' Up! and really cannot imagine not being a part of this wonderful company! So, enough blathering, gotta get back to that rubbah - toodles!

39 comments:

Denise ~ Paper Ponderings said...

wowzers! Gawgeous!!! I love that paper...and the stamps...and the buttons...oh my!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Oh I LOVE that smell, but mine isn't close enough yet! LOL Just beautiful, Alex!

Erin... said...

ahhhhh all I get is an X no beautiful card!! i'll need to try again, I want to see the new goodies!!!!!! mine are on their way!!! thanks for commenting about my blog candy:)

Dottie K. said...

This is so pretty. I love red so I'm excited to see this color and I love buttons. :)

Michelle said...

Great card Alex, I also got my new stuff yesterday but, won't be able to play for a while still!

Love the colors you used.

Courtney said...

OOOOHHHHHH.... so pretty! I'm jealous!

Dani said...

Oh. My. Word. Fantastic job on the card! And can I just tell you how jealous I am that you get new stuff to play with! LOL! :)

Ila said...

Fabulous!!!! Love the colors, stamps, layout all of it...Hugs, Ila

Dawn♥ said...

Oh my what sweet adorable stamps on your card! Lovely card to! Have loads of fun creating with the new stamps! ;)

Lauren said...

Alex - this is darling, just like Little Red Riding Hood. Thanks for the color sneak peek.

Vicki said...

Awhhh that is really pretty, both the stamp set and the papers. Beautiful card Alex. LOL, I can picture you waiting for that delivery man, like telling him to walk faster! I'm waiting on the mailman here. Waiting for some exclusive quickutz dies a sweet lady picked up for me and mailed out. Don't these delivery people know how important these boxes are, lol. Have fun with all the new stuff.

Deborah said...

How sweet! Do we get a sneak peek at the cattie? Enjoy your new goods! Hugs, Deb

Latisha said...

super super cute Alex, still deciding if I am going to pre-order anything. Love the paper and the stamps and the buttons >"<

Melissa said...

Oh honey! You have outdone yourself this time!

Many Blessings,
M.

corinnesomerville said...

Nothin' better than NEW Rubbah !!!! 14 MORE DAYS !!!!!!!!!

Natalie said...

What a gorgeous card. x

Marilyn said...

Isn't this new stuff wonderful! I can't get enough of that Bella Rosa paper either!! You rocked this card - love your choices of colors together!

Christi Flores said...

Who doesn't love new rubbah!!!! This is awesome!! Very pretty!

Annapurna said...

Lovely card. Beautiful papers and stamps.

My Paper World said...

Wow! your new rubbah looks fab Alex! What a gorgeous card! xx

Jessie/knightrone said...

Your card is beautiful, and your scrapbook page below is amazing!! You should be proud!! Gotta love a man in uniform!!

Lee said...

Oh MY.........how stunning!!! I'm just catching up on Blogs and am so amazed at all your gorgeousness!!!! LOL Oh and that page with your son in uniform is spectacular!!! Hugs to you and hopes that Christmas comes quickly for you!!! Hugs!!

Nikki Bond said...

This is fabulous Alex! Aren't those new colors toooooooo beautiful for words! Love that sketch too....you did awesome with it! {SMILES}

jjcreations said...

This card looks great Alex!!! My goodies should be here Friday. Can't wait! Joan

Diane said...

You're so funny Alex...don't know if he was more afraid of you or the dogs,lol! You crack me up!
Your card is gorgeous!Great set and I love the colors!

Donna Baker said...

this is so pretty, Alexandra!

ScrapMomOf2 said...

Oh my goodness, this is so cute! WOW! The paper is gorgeous, the images are fantastic . . . WOW!!

Risa said...

Oh my...I love your card Alex and the papers and stamps are so pretty!!! My pockets are getting lighter already and I can't wait to see SU's new line of products!!!

Anonymous said...

very nice Alex! I tried not to look too close cause my new rubbah and papers are on the way and I want to be surprised!

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Stunning Alex! Love the layout and papers and those images are beautiful. Gorgeous coloring too. :) Have fun with your new stuff, I should get some of mine today!

Rose Ann said...

Sooooo pretty, Alex!! I love your dimensional butterfly and new buttons!! Those papers are beautiful!!

Chris said...

gorgeous card!!!

Emily said...

Wow Alex! This is beautiful! I love the colors. Have fun with your new stuff!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Love this card Alex!

Louise F NZ said...

This is Beautiful Alex, fab paper!!!

Katie said...

Super card ALex!

Katie
x

Alesha Walls said...

This is stunning!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for playing! :)

Manna said...

This is gorgeous! Lovely paper. Wow, so many new stamps I can't wait to see the new SU catty!