February 23, 2008

BEATE'S WEEKEND SKETCH CHALLENGE!

***EDITED TO ADD*****
BLOG CANDY ALERT!! My friend Nikki at Military Wife Stampin' Spot is offering up some yummy blog candy in celebration of her 10,000 hits!! If you have not visited her blog before, you are in for a treat because Nikki has mad talent and always has beautiful creations to share!

Okay, I know you are probably tired of seeing this set, but this little chick is so stinkin' cute, I can't help myself!! Something different tomorrow, I promise. BUT, today I did Beate's sketch to make another Easter card. I just love doing her sketch, they are always so much fun! And, I am proud of myself because I did three challenge cards this week! I am hoping to do more SCS challenges as well because it will stretch my stamping abilities (which need stretching - LOL!) Anyway, here is my card! Sorry about the shadow, don't know why I have that since this is the same time I always take pics! I followed the sketch ALMOST to the letter - I did add a sentiment because it went so well with what I was trying to do! I again went with springy Easter-like colors and some of that yummy Bali Breeze Designer Series Paper - I just love it and need to order more!!!! The card is pretty simple really so I will leave the recipe and if anyone has any questions, just holler at me (loud though because I am in CA *wink*)

Card Recipe:
Stamps - A Good Egg
Paper - Ruby Red card stock, Pink Passion card stock, Whisper White card stock, Bali Breeze DP
Ink - Black Stazon, Ruby Red Stampin Write Marker, Pink Passion Stampin Write Marker, So Saffron Stampin Write Marker
Accessories - Large and Small Oval Punch, Ticket Corner Punch, Paper Piercer and Mat Stach, Taken with Teal Narrow Grosgrain Ribbon, Two-Way Glue, Dazzling Diamonds, Rose Red Brads, Taken with Teal Buttons, Stampin Dimensionals

FACT #25
Christmas is my ultimate favorite holiday! I love the decorating, the baking, the stores, the music, everything! I always go overboard every Christmas - I just love to see my kids' face light up on Christmas morning! I love that my whole family is together and we celebrate the birth of Jesus together every year. I look forward with anticipation to the Christmas season every year and always feel a little bit let down when it is all over.
Hope everyone enjoys their weekend! I am going to a movie and eating Mexican food with my two SILs tonight so that should be fun! Bye for now!

22 comments:

Deborah said...

How was Marqueritaville? (wink)! Yum! Love your sketch for Beate's challenge! I shall do mine tomorrow! You are working this darling chickie, and I love him! Keep them coming'! Hugs, Deb

Lesli said...

Very cute chick - I love the colors you chose!

tyrymom29 said...

awww I love that lil chick !!! TOO CUTE !!!!!

Nikki Bond said...

I could never get sick of this set Alex! They way you cracked that egg she is GENIOUS! I never would of thought that! Great job on the sketch too! {SMILES}

Leanne said...

Hey You Have Some Great Work..
Keep It Up And Keep Blogging.
Ill Be Back Soon To See Your Lovely Blog..

Love Leanne
x

Kim Marie said...

Happy happy card and Amen for Christmas!!

That chick makes me smile every time!!

pescbrico said...

I so love the fact that you split the egg shell! Really cute and I,m not tired of seeing this set... I just regret I did not bought it!

Pam Speidel said...

This is a super cute chicky card Alex! Gotta tell you that I've enjoyed reading your personal facts too...it's been great to get to know you! I love Christmas too and even though our children are grown we still like to play the Santa game and spoil them! Have a wonderful weekend and Happy Stamping! Smiles, Pam :)

Natalie said...

Another gorgeous card, I really love the colours your have used. x

Anonymous said...

Love that little chick...looks like he's breaking out of the egg. What a fun Easter card!

Tracy.H said...

Love the card! Have fun on your girls night out!! :0)

Amber Porter said...

I'm not tired of seeing this set!! I've been using it alot myself! Super cute card! Love the glitter!!

Dawn♥ said...

OM what a super CUTE card! Love the colors and the your take on the sketch! Awesome! :)

My Paper World said...

I think your chickie is gorgeous!
Love the bright colours, they put a smile on my face, and the fun sentiment too!
Nicola xx

Dawn Easton said...

Oh Alex, you are making me wish I'd ordered that stamp set now...but it will have to be on my next order...lol...it's so cute!
Love what you did with Beate's sketch!!! Fabulous!

Tina said...

Very pretty and springy! TGhat chick is stinkin' cute!

Anonymous said...

Alex, that's soooo cute!
Hugs and smiles

corinnesomerville said...

Ahhhhhh, this is so cute !! Don't you just love Beate's sketches !!! I'm with you about Christmas too....our tree goes up November 1st and the kids in our neighbourhood get to hear Steven Curtis Chapman's Christmas music when they come trick or treating :) I agree....with all the wonder and joy at Christmas celebrating our Saviour's birth is by far the greatest celebration of all !!!

Diane said...

Nice and sweet Alex!!! Love all the colors and that cracked egg is cute!! Thanks for sending me to Nikki's blog,it's a great one!!!

Gina said...

love the little chick so cute
great card
Gina x

Rose Ann said...

This is so adorable! I love the sparkly egg shell, and pretty colors!

Deb said...

I would never get fed up of seeing this little cutie, another fabulous card, love the sentiment!