February 18, 2008

BEATE'S SKETCH CHALLENGE AND SOME TURKEYS!

Happy Presidents Day!!! Sorry I have been so quiet the last few days, but I had so much to catch up on around the house that I had no time *gasp* to stamp!! But, I decided today I wanted to do Beate's sketch challenge because I love her sketches and try and do them every week. So, here it is! (Everything is SU!) I used my new stamp set A Good Egg - isn't it cute??!! I also used some of my new DP Flowers for You which is really yummy! The base of this card is Tempting Turquoise which I mounted with my DP and then layered Pixie Pink and Whisper White for my cute little chick! I stamped my little guy in Black Stazon used my Stampin' Write Markers to color him in. I also used them on my flowers. I paper pieced the shell with the flip side of the DP and then added another one up in the corner - there is ALWAYS two pieces, right???!!!! My sentiment is punched out using the small and large oval punches, mounted on dimensionals. I added a piece of Tempting Turquoise Narrow Grosgrain ribbon which I love and is perfect for Easter. I used silver brads from the Vintage set and mounted them on two pieces of DP that I punched using my Word Window Punch. I faux stitched all around the image and then the layers as well. Very easy but cute, yes?? I really like how it turned out, so bright and cheerful - I hope you like it too!! Now, I wanted to share these pics I took this afternoon - my daughter came running in the house yelling for me to "come see" so I grabbed the camera (always!) and ran outside to my front yard (which is six acres so it is quite large). And, this is what I saw: wild turkeys! Now, this is not something you see everyday! There were a LOT of them too and they are walking toward the woods and probably heading down to the creek area. I just had to share - living out here in the country now
I have seen so many new things that you just don't get to see when you live in a community setting. (We also have a momma bear and two cubs that visit every now and then, but I have not been able to get a picture yet!)
FACT#20
I am a night owl. I love to stay up really really late after everyone else is in bed because it is so quiet and peaceful and I tend to get a lot done. Usually I am either reading or in my craft room stampin and scrapping. It is not unusual for me to stay up until around 2a.m. My husband takes the kids to school in the morning but I am usually up having coffee before they leave. So, I usually get about 4-6 hours a sleep depending. Then, one night a week I go to bed early and sleep for 9-10 hours and recharge my batteries. Then, I do it all over again - LOL!

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alex, your card is adorable! Love those turkey shots.

Melissa said...

Wow! You go girl!

Alhambra Club said...

What a great card, love that cute little chick. Thanks for sharing your beautiful wildlife photos.

Debbie - StudioBeeCreations said...

Hey...we have wild turkeys here in Tennessee too...They are so fun to watch...especially when the males get all PUFFED up...watching their girls!....Love your chicky card too...creative blessings, Debbie

Deborah said...

Great sketch this week Alex! Love all the layers! Very cool turkey pics!I especially love watching the soaring red tail hawks and the hoot owls at night. Your daughter must be in heaven! Horses in your future? Looks like nice trail riding country. When I was young my horses were my life, my very best friend's! I brushed them for hours and have such fond memories. Hugs, Deb

Shannon McGann said...

Great card! I love that Cutie Pie designer paper!

What a beautiful view from your house. You are so lucky!

Diane said...

Gobble gobble!!! As if...in your front lawn,must be nice!!
Your card is sooo cute Alex! I wish I could go on 4 to 6 hrs of sleep,that's about the amount of hrs that I stay up,seriously!!!
Send some energy this way PLEASE!!!

Tracy.H said...

Very cute card! Love those turkey pics...you definitely have to show us if you get a pic of those bears! :0)

Risa said...

Your card is very pretty Alex! I love the soft colors and the chick is too cute.
malieta:)

pescbrico said...

I love your paper piecing :) Well done.

Anonymous said...

OK, love the flying egg topper!!! Too cute! I set a goal for myself to post on your blog before me in a day....I don't think it's possible! You are SO sweet and kind, thanks for all your kind words! You'll be in Hawaii next year, right????? Emma and I should have fun together(keep your fingers crossed!) Have a wonderful day and maybe, just maybe, I'll beat you tomorrow:) Sending hugs back your way!

Anonymous said...

LOVE the wild turkeys coming up close!! Wooooohoooooooooooo!! I'm only on 1.5 acres .. so the best I get is an occasional Road Runner, or a rare red fox or coyote. You're a night owl too!? I'm so trying to stop ... but that's a hard habit to change! Love your cute card!

Amber Porter said...

Adorable card! Love the colors! I'm ready for spring!!!

corinnesomerville said...

Adorable card for Beate's challenge !! Great colors and that chick is just way too cute !! It must seem strange to look out your window and see turkeys, foxes and bears...oh my !! Wasn't it Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz that says..lions and tigers and bears... oh my :) I so could not be a night owl ! Every once in awhile I stay up till midnight but that's not very often, in fact I'm usually in bed at 9:30 and watch tv until I fall asleep at 9:31 :)

Angie Kennedy Juda said...

girl, we have so much in common, I do the same thing, today is my day to crash & burn, been up until 2 or 3am for at least a week now.
(darn, I forgot to look at your pictures, see I'm a reader too :)))

Rose Ann said...

How adorable, Alex!! Those some nice photos of the turkeys too!

Marlou McAlees said...

cute!! cute!! card Alex!! just adorable!! :) x

Anonymous said...

Such a fun easter card! Wow...nice photos of your wild turkeys! I'd watch out for the bears though. ;)