August 20, 2007

TWO POSTS IN ONE DAY - OH MY!

I received my Make a Wish set from Gina and wanted to play with it so I decided to make a birthday card using Beate's weekend sketch challenge (okay, I altered it a bit) for my nephew who recently turned nine. I love this set for two reasons: one, it is pretty darn cute, and two, Gina donates money from each set bought to the Make a Wish Foundation. How awesome is that?! I am very impressed by what she does with her business to help out those who need it. I will always buy her stamps because of this. So, if you have not seen her blog, get over there, check it out, and order one!! (No, she does not know me, I just happen to really believe in what she is doing!) So, here is the card I made with this awesome set! I wish the picture had come out a little better; for some reason, the stickles are making it a little fuzzy so I will have to work on that next time. I don't think the pic does it justice, but I still like it and my nephew loved it - hey, when a nine year old gives you a positive endorsement, you know you must be on to something - LOL! Have a great night !
Recipe: (all products SU! except for the stamp set and the stickles)
Paper - blue bayou, old olive, wintergreen double sided specialty pack
Stamp Set - Make a Wish from Gina K Designs
Ink - Blue Bayou
Accessories - Paper piercer, Mat Stack, Stickles, Ticket Corner Punch, Small and Large Oval Punch, Brads, Stampin Dimensionals

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another wonderful card. You are rocking this sketch, Alex.
Hugs and smiles

Vicki said...

That did turn out really cool. I love the diamond brads. You need to make sure Gina K. sees this, she'll love it.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I do love it! It's so fun! Great colors, cool layout! Thanks for letting others know about the Make a Wish set!
Hugs,
Gina K.

BarbK said...

Alex, I saw your email and checked out your blog and, lo and behold, there is a yummy looking card with a cupcake. You have earned us an extra number. Thanks for playing.

Kathy W said...

Alex, beautiful card with GinaK's special set. Love the glitter! Thanks for sharing and the extra bingo number.

Tami Bayer said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for the extra bingo number, too.

Heather P. said...

LOVE all the sparkle! Great card! :)