August 25, 2007

BEATE'S CHALLENGE TAKE TWO

Okay, so by now you know I was not thrilled with the way my purple card for Beate's challenge came out - so I decided to do another one using a Halloween theme! I chose a square card this time because it is my favorite to work with and I don't much like the longs ones.....I am not sure why, I just don't. So, here is my pumpkin card! I stamped the pumpkin, then stamped it again and popped it up on dimensionals. I used some of that wonderful new Halloween paper from SU! and I layered this card quite a bit! The ribbon is from my stash so I am not sure where I got it (sorry!). I used my small scallop circle punch and punched holes all around it to give it some texture. I am much happier with this card than the first one - I hope you all enjoy it too! Can you believe Halloween is RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER - SHEESH!! That means Christmas is not too far behind - where does the time go??!!

Card Recipe:
Paper: Basic Black, Whisper White, Pumpkin Pie, Creepy Crawly Designer Series
Stamp Sets: Year after Year, Batty for You, Party Punch Hostess Set
Accessories: Black Brads, Ribbon, Circle Punch, Scallop Circle Punch,
1/16th punch, Dimensionals, Pumpkin Pie Classic Ink, Black Stazon,
Pumpkin Pie and Apricot Appeal Stampin Write Markers

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alex, this looks wonderful! Every card looks better with NO purple in it!
Hugs and grins

Melissa said...

I love it Alex!

Vicki said...

I think the purple card look really pretty, you did a great job on it. This is a great card too. Love the pumpkins.

Heather P. said...

Oooh, I really like this!!!

Lorie said...

I love the different pumpkins!! So cute!

Anonymous said...

Caaaaa-ute, so cute!

Now what's with this "reminder" that Christmas is getting close! No, no, no! I can't do that yet! *wink*

~Tex

Anonymous said...

Great Halloween card ... I like how you punched the circles in the scalloped circles and tucked them under the image ... very cute.

Alhambra Club said...

Great card, love the pumpkins and background paper

kathleenh said...

Cute Halloween card!

Dawn Easton said...

Alex, your card is awesome! Love the DP you used!

Claudette said...

great take on Beate's challenge, and I'm with you love the square cards also....the theme looks great with that sketch, but I so enjoy halloween theme cards

ps...thanks for visiting my blog and your kind comments

Nikki Bond said...

I agree...time is slipping away but atleast we're coming up on some great holidays for card making!!! LOL Love your card! I'm gonna have to dust off my pumpkin stamps now! TFS :)