August 30, 2007

A CARD FOR A FRIEND

Good morning all! I have a good friend who just had knee replacement surgery - he has been in pain for a VERY long time and so it was needed! I am very lucky to have him and his wonderful wife Vicki in my life - they have been good friends to me and those are hard to find sometimes! He is still in the hospital and poor Vicki has been running herself ragged back and forth between home and the hospital. Bob is in a lot of pain and had a minor setback yesterday so I decided to make him a card. Hmmm......I should probably make one for Vicki too - LOL! Anyway, I used one of my favorite sets Farm Fever because the images are soooo perfect for a someone not feeling well! I used all blues because I find that makes a nice masculine card. I used Night of Navy for the base of the card which is yes, you guessed it square. I just love making square cards! Then, I layered the card with Brocade Blue and Bordering Blue and used my ticket corner punch on both. I stamped the little bee from the stamp set on the background of the Bordering Blue in the same color and lightly sponged it as well. I also paper pierced using the zigzag pattern to give the faux stitch effect. I added Bordering Blue Brads in each corner. I then relayered using the same three colors of cardstock, paper pierced and sponged and used my ticket corner punch here as well. I also added brads but this time used Brocade Blue for some contrast. I stamped my main image on whisper white cardstock in black stazon and outlined the image in night of Navy, shading it with brocade blue and lightly sponging the whole image. I inked the edges of the whisper white in Night of Navy and used my punch for the corners. Lastly, I used my photo corners punch and punched out four sets in Night of Navy and Brocade Blue, added a silver diamond brad to each, and adhered them to the corners. I made myself not add any ribbon (although I wanted to) because Bob is SOOOOOOO not a ribbon guy! And, it's done! I hope you like it - and I hope he does too!!

11 comments:

Deborah said...

Adorable and just perfect for your friend! Oh yes, for sure make his wife a card! Caregivers are such a blessing and it can take its toll! TFS Alex. Deb

Nikki Bond said...

I love the monochromatic look! I hope he's feeling better soon! And yes....definilty make her a card...it will be so unexpected! She'll love it!

Heather P. said...

Oh, this is SO cute! I just love that little sheep! :)

Shannon McGann said...

Oh so cute! And I love the monochromatic look. Very nice!

Vicki said...

Ooops, I peeked, lol. He'll love the card and I know it'll make him laugh (which he needs). What am I still doing up? Making sure EVERYTHING is picked up so there will be no tripping when he comes home in the morning. BTW, I love the card. That stamp is soooo cute and I love how you put it together. And the corners again, so cute.

Rita said...

Luv that card, and yes you should make one for his wife too! She would luv it!

Ashley said...

OH I LOVE THIS!!! The layout is so COOL!!!!! :o) I'd love to receive this one! SO CUTE GIRLY! Keep up the good work!!!! Stampin' Hugs back at ya! :o) Ash~

www.ashleyscreativecorner.blogspot.com

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

What a cute card. Funny saying. Thanks for leaving such a sweet comment on my blog. Yes, the waterfall card tutorial is on my blog. Look at the side bar and that will take you to my tutorials.

Hugs,

Beth

dasimonds said...

Perfect "Get Well Card"...I'm sure your friend will enjoy it.
CUTE stamp..ewe are so funny !
Like the shades of blue and the layering..and those photo corners.
Hope Bob is feeling better and Vicki gets some rest.

Bee's Zen Garden said...

I find it kind of intimidating to make a card for a guy so thanks for the inspiration, LOL!

I'm new to your blog but will add it to my favorites.

Bee

Anonymous said...

Ouuuuch! This too-cute card will surely make Bob smile ... even without ribbons (according to my DH)! I just love the shape of your card too!

~Tex