February 6, 2012

TAKE IT TO HEART WOW! SWAP

Happy Monday stampers! I hope you all had as fabulous a weekend as I did :-) I spent the weekend hanging out with my husband - first time in a looonnnngggg time we have both had some downtime on a weekend! Saturday we just lazed around and then went out to dinner, and then yesterday we went over to my in-laws for the game and some yummy food! Really had a nice weekend.....but now, it is back to the work week and I have lots to do! However, since I have one of the funnest jobs around, I can't complain too much *wink* Today I want to share with you the card I made for my WOW! swap during Leadership. My group decided to have an organized swap of our own, and I am so very glad I participated because this is one amazingly talented group of stampers - their cards are all BEAUTIFUL! This was my take on a WOW! swap, and I was really happy with how it turned out! Lots of different products on this one, I was having a blast playing with all my stuff, lol!
The stamp set I chose to use is the uber cute set from the Occasions Mini called Take It To Heart. I love this set because the heart images coordinate with our new Framelits Hearts collection making is super easy to cut the hearts out! I love all the detail that you can see on these images, makes them really fun to color in, or you can emboss the image like I did and give it that extra WOW! look. I used  Cherry Cobbler embossing powder and stamped my image on the Naturals White card stock because I like the more natural look of this paper. I did not cut the heart out on the Big Shot until I had done all the stamping and embossing. Soooo easy to just line up the image with one of the framelits, run it through, and BAM! instant heart image for my card :-)  The patterned paper is from the Twitterpated paper pack, also in the Occasions Mini - love this paper!! I cut it out using the other set of framelits we have - have to try them all out, right??! The heart image is mounted on a 3 inch circle that was cut out on the Big Shot and then embossed using the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder. The background of  this card is actually stamped as well, but might be hard for you to see here since it is Crumb Cake ink stamped on Crumb Cake card stock. I used the Parlor Prints background stamp. The ribbon is some of the new Blushing Bride pleated ribbon and oh, it is so yummy!!! The sentiment is actually from another stamp set in the mini called PS I Love You - I love all the fun sentiments in that set! I hope you like my take on what a WOW! swap is - I sure had fun making it *wink* If you like the products you see here and want to purchase them, you can do so in my online store and remember, SALE-A-BRATION is going on so for every $50 you spend, you get FREE things too!! I love FREE, don't you??!! If you would rather email me your order, I am happy to put it in for you! Now, I am off to the stamp room to get some fun things done for my upcoming classes and workshops. If you would like to take one of my classes, you can check out my class listing on my website - I would love to see you!!! Have a fabulous day and don't forget to take some time out to be creative :-)
Card Recipe:
Paper - Crumb Cake, Blushing Bride, Early Espresso, Pool Party, Naturals White card stock, Twitterpated Designer Series paper
Inks - Versamark, Crumb Cake, Cherry Cobbler stampin' inks
Stamps - Take it To Heart, Parlor Prints(background), PS I Love You (sentiment)
Tools - Big Shot, Framelits (hearts and labels collections), Perfect Polka Dots and Square Lattice embossing folders, 3 inch Circle Die, Modern Label punch, Adorning Accents Edgelit Die, Heat Gun, Dimensionals
Accessories - Pool Party Seam Binding Ribbon, Basic Pearls, Blushing Bride pleated ribbon
 

1 comment:

Denise ~ Paper Ponderings said...

Happy Birthday!!! Sounds like a nice and relaxing time! Love your creation too!