October 4, 2011

PRETTY NETTING

Good morning all!!! Well, it's not such a great morning for me - seems I have a nasty sinus infection, probably from all the extreme changes we have had in the weather lately.  It went from 93 one day to 60 the next, back up to the 100s and now below 60 again - I mean, really??? No wonder everyone is sick :-( However, I have so much to do that I can't let it keep me down, so I will be off to see the man with the good stuff later on today, lol!! In the meantime, I thought I would share my second swap card with you! I was signed up to do the Netting background stamp, but since it IS a background stamp, I used other sets on here too :-)  I wanted a nice, bright, and cheery card so I went with Tangerine Tango card stock for the base, with some Daffodil Delight and Pacific Point accent papers, and I love it!! The Netting stamp is done with Tangerine Tango classic ink on Whisper White card stock to make it really pop! Then, I used the flourishes from the BFF stamp set - such a fun stamp set, I can't believe it took me this long to ink it up!  Doesn't it look like a patterned paper?? I love making my own, so fun!! The main images and the sentiment are from the Hostess stamp set Precious Butterflies - Looooove it!!  I stamped them on Whisper White card stock, and then softly sponged Pacific Point ink over the top.  I backed the image with a Scallop Circle that I cut out on my Big Shot. The sentiment is stamped on Wild Wasabi card stock, then punched out using the Decorative Label punch, and popped up on dimensionals over a piece of Old Olive thin grosgrain ribbon.  I was worried that it would look funny mixing the greens, but nope, looks great!! I again kept it simple since I needed to make so many of these, but I think it turned out pretty, and I hope my swap group likes it too *wink* If you like any of the products I used here, you can purchase them all for yourself in my online store! Or, if you would rather, you can contact me and I will be happy to place the order for you :-) Now, I am off to get ready for the doctor, ugghhhh!! I hope you all have a fabulous day, and take time to be creative!! See ya manana!!!
Card Recipe:
Paper - Tangerine Tango, Daffodil Delight, Pacific Point, Wild Wasabi, Whisper White card stock
Inks - Old Olive, Pacific Point, Daffodil Delight, Tangerine Tango classic inks
Stamps - Netting background stamp, BFF, Precious Butterflies(hostess set)
Tools - Big Shot, Scallop Circle Die, 3 1/2 inch Circle Die, Designer Label punch, Dimensionals, Sponge
Accessories - Old Olive thin grosgrain ribbon