September 8, 2011

HOLIDAY MINI SPOTLIGHT SERIES - DAY TWO



Good morning all!!! I have been busily stamping away getting ready for all kinds of fun events coming up! I just love the holidays, but it IS confusing to start stamping Christmas in August, lol!! However, today I am going to share another Holiday Mini fall spotlight project featuring the stamp set Always Thankful!  I love the images in this set, they are very versatile and just rich with lots of detail! VERY fun to color, which I love :-) I decided to make a tri-fold card because I really wanted to show off some more of the yummy Spice Cake Designer Series paper.  As you can see, all the patterns of this paper are absolutely beautiful - I love this particular one because it is soooo vibrant! I am sure the picture does not do it justice but this is by far my most favorite pattern in the pack (although I DO love it all, lol!) I did all the scoring for this card using my new Simply Scored scoring tool in the Mini.  If you don't have this tool you NEED it!!! It is awesome and makes doing a lot of score lines a snap to do! Seriously, this has several and it took me a minute to get them all done - love that!!! I did take some More Mustard card stock and use that as my accent color for this card.  I added some pretty scallops along the edges using my Eyelet Border punch - doesn't it look nice??!!  And, the belly band is also More Mustard but I stamped it with the Netting background stamp to give it some texture.  I really like this background stamp because it looks great both bold and subtle and I find myself reaching for it quite often.  Then of course I had to show you another pattern of the glorious Spice Cake Fabric!!
Here is a quick closeup of this wonderful pattern so you can see how pretty it is!! I just ripped a piece of the big square (yep, start a small cut with scissors and then just rip it down!) and then wrapped it around the belly band, tied a knot and it looks great! Just for fun I added a vintage tag and a small Soft Suede designer button, isn't it cute?! I love buttons so any excuse to use them is a good one, lol!! I think the outside of this card is so very pretty - that patterned paper does not need ANYTHING to enhance it, but I sure do like to play with all the other pretties that coordinate with it *wink* The belly band IS removable but it does not have to be as this card has an insert that just slides in and out on it's own.  I just did the belly band for some decorative touches!
Here is the picture of the card with the insert taken out!  The base of the insert is Early Espresso with the layered piece on top being Very Vanilla card stock.  The curve that you see at the top of both the insert and pocket? I made those by tracing a small plate so there was a slight curve - and I know we ALL have THAT tool, lol! It just gives it some visual interest and I like to play with new shapes. I added some more of the pretty patterned paper using the Scallop Ribbon Border punch and just layered two strips across the top.  The pull tab is made using the 1 3/4 inch Scallop Circle punch with More Mustard card stock, and then some Spice Cake DSP with the last circle layer being Pool Party.  The Circles were punched with the 1 3/8 inch and 1 1/4 inch Circle punches.  I love how all of our shaped punches nest so nicely together, makes layering a snap to do! The cute little acorn in the middle is from the set I showcased yesterday called Gently Falling.  It just fit there, heehee! Now, on to the image!
Here is a close-up so you can see the pretty colors and shades! It is stamped in Early Espresso and then I water colored the whole image using my aqua painter and several different colors of stamp pads (More Mustard, Cajun Craze, Soft Suede, Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, Wild Wasabi).  I love to watercolor, I find it very relaxing, and I love how soft the image looks when you are all done.  This image just screams fall to me - it reminds me that harvest is right around the corner and yes, we STILL go to the pumpkin patches, although it is more for me at this point, lol! I think the kids just indulge me :-) The sentiment you see there is also from the Always Thankful stamp set and is stamped in More Mustard ink.  I love it because it is very true - I think sometimes we forget that we ALL have SOMETHING that should make us thankful everyday.  For me, it is my family - my husband and kids mean the WORLD to me, and I can't imagine life without them! Yes, they drive me crazy, but hey, that's all part of it, right??  So, I hope you enjoyed my second spotlight showcase - I know I loved sharing it with you! Stay tuned tomorrow, I have a really great project to share that I just know you will love! It makes ME squeal, and I made it, lol!!! If you love the products you see here, you can order them in my online store or you can contact me and I will be happy to place your order for you! If you don't have a Holiday Mini and you would like one, you can click on the link and it will take you directly to the online version, or you can  contact me and I will send one out to you! You have to see all the fun things in this mini - just pure holiday joy!!! Now, I am off to run some errands and then back home to stamp the day and night away! Everyone else has plans tonight so it is just me and the dogs and my stamps - yes, this makes me smile, I love alone time :-) See ya tomorrow!!
Trifold Card Recipe:
Paper - Early Espresso, Very Vanilla, Pool Party, More Mustard card stock, Spice Cake Designer Series Paper
Inks - More Mustard, Early Espresso, Soft Suede, Crumb Cake, Pool Party, Wild Wasabi, Cajun Craze classic inks
Stamps - Always Thankful, Gently Falling (acorn)
Tools - Simple Scored scoring tool, Eyelet border punch, Scalloped Dotted ribbon border punch, 1 3/8 inch and 1 1/4 inch circle punches, 1 3/4 inch Scallop circle punch, Mat Pack, Paper piercer, Aqua Painter
Accessories - Vintage tags, Designer Buttons, Spice Cake designer fabric

No comments: