September 12, 2011

HOLIDAY MINI SPOTLIGHT SERIES - DAY FIVE

Good morning!!! Here it is, Monday again - the weekends seem to go by sooooo fast!! I had a very busy weekend so that does not help, lol! I took my daughter and her friend shopping for their Homecoming Dresses (her first one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) and that was really fun! They both got beautiful dresses, and they are sooooo excited - and so am I! I can't wait to take pictures of them all dressed up :-)  Then, yesterday I taught my Fun with Punches class, which was a blast! I don't teach this class very often, so I really enjoy it when I do! We had a great time!! This week will be VERY busy as well as I have two workshops, a mini book class, Scrap Club, and Stamp Club - WHEW!!! Lots of stamping going on around here :-) I have busily stamping holiday things already so when I walk outside and the heat hits me, I get startled back into reality, lol!!! One of those projects is the fifth in my Holiday Mini Spotlight series I want to share with you today! I stamped this project using the Stitched Stockings stamp set and the Holly Berry Bouquet Designer Series paper!! I love the bright, Christmasy (is that a word??!!) feel this patterned paper has, it makes me smile!!! I used three different patterns of the paper here and just cut them into long banners as my background.  The base of this card is Wild Wasabi card stock and I actually embossed the base front with my Big Shot using the new embossing folder from the Mini called Snow Burst - isn't it pretty??! I added a piece of card stock to the inside flap of the card to give it some stability since the embossing tends to change the texture of the paper a bit.  The circles were also cut on my Big Shot using my 3 and 31/2 inch Circle dies.  The smaller circle was stamped in Wild Wasabi using the Netting background stamp (found in the main catalog) which is definitely a favorite of mine. The stockings were stamped in Garden Green classic ink and then punched out using the fabulous new Stocking Builder punch in the mini!!! LOVE this punch - you can see the heel and toe are actually Real Red - I just punched those out too! So fun!!
And, check out the top of the stockings - that soft, beautiful ribbon you see there is another great new product called Very Vanilla Velvet stitched ribbon and it is totally YUMMY! It is really soft, thick, and will be soooo pretty on packages and, well, stockings, lol! I just cut a small piece off and snailed it to the top! It added dimension to the stockings, and then I popped them both up on dimensionals to give it just a little more *wink* The stocking with the snowflake in the middle is sporting a little rhinestone to give it just a little bit of bling :-)

See this pretty snowflake? It is also from the mini and is part of a super cute package of felt shapes called Stitched Felt - it comes with 4 different shapes, and 16 pieces in all for less than $10 - GREAT deal!! The snowflake has some blue stitching on it that I wanted to dull a little bit for this project, so I used the new Dazzling Details liquid glitter.  It really makes the snowflake stand out! I added a Real Red Designer button to the center, with Whisper White bakers twine threaded through it and tied in a bow! I think this snowflake is a wonderful little embellishment that not only dresses up cards, but would look fabulous on the top of a little gift box or bag! It's like getting two presents in one, lol! The last thing on this card is the sentiment and it is part of the Petite Pairs Stamp set found in the main catalog - I love this stamp set, and find myself using it over and over again because it has such wonderful sentiments in it! I stamped it in Garden Green classic ink, punched it out using the Large Oval Punch, then layered it on the Extra Lunch Oval punched out of Real Red card stock.  Then, those two pieces are layered on a piece of Early Espresso card stock punched out with the Curly Label punch.  The whole thing is popped up on dimensionals and then I could not help myself, I had to add some rhinestones, lol!! I had a great time making this card, and I used a TON of new product from the Holiday Mini! If YOU love these and want to have them for your very own (and you KNOW you do, lol) you can order them in my online store OR contact me and I will be happy to place your order for you!  I will stamping the day away getting ready for all my fun events coming up this week, so lots of fun for me!! I will be back tomorrow with the sixth in my Holiday Mini Spotlight Series - I hope you are enjoying them as much as I am enjoying sharing them :-) See you tomorrow!!
Card Recipe:
Paper - Wild Wasabi, Real Red, Early Espresso, Very Vanilla card stock, Holly Berry Bouquet designer series paper
Inks - Garden Green, Wild Wasabi classic inks
Stamps - Stitched Stockings, Petite Pairs (main catty), Netting Background stamp(main catty)
Tools - Big Shot, Snow Burst embossing folder, 3 and 3 1/2 inch circle dies, Curly Label Punch, Large and Extra Large Oval punches, Stocking Builder Punch, dimensionals
Accessories - Whisper White bakers twine, designer buttons, Dazzling Details liquid glitter, Basic Rhinestones, Stitched Felt, Very Vanilla Velvet stitched ribbon

2 comments:

Crystal said...

AWESOME Holiday card Alex, I LOVE those stockings and your fabulous layout!

Lesli said...

Awesome card Alex - I saw another sample where they used the stocking stamp and created a stick horse - so versatile...