August 31, 2011

SWEETS FOR THE SWEET

Good morning all!!! It has been a busy, busy week here at the Hobson household as the kids started back to school, my husband went back to work, and I went back to stamping, lol!!! I needed a few days off to catch  my breath, and try to process all of the things that have happened in the last few weeks.  The medical scare with my husband was a total reality check to me that we are getting older and that we need to make sure we take good care of ourselves so we can be around to play with grand kids (no, none yet, my kids are not old enough, lol!) and also have that fun adult time together when the kids are all grown and living their own lives!  So, there has been a lot of reflection and changes to make things healthier around here and I think it is good for all of us! And, now I am back to stamping and it feels good!!!  I had a couple of workshops this past weekend and I wanted to share the cute little hostess gift that I demonstrated and then gave to my hostess! I made this cute little candy holder using the fun new Big Shot die called the Petite Pocket Die - isn't it just so cute??!! The card stock is the new in-color Pool Party, and it is just fun, totally reminds me of summer! The accent color is made using the Calypso Coral in-color, another fun color! Heck, I like them all *wink*  After cutting out the pocket, I ran it through the Big Shot again using the Stripes embossing folder.  Since it already has all the score lines, it was a snap to put it together, allowing me to concentrate on my pretty accents, which is ALWAYS my favorite part, lol! The Calypso Coral card stock is punched along both edges using the Eyelet Border punch and then made into a belly band that can slide off and on, but for this project just stays right where it is, lol!  Those fun candy treats are made using the Sweets for the Sweet stamp set - I just stamped them in Daffodil Delight and Pink Pirouette, added some of the new Dazzling Details (available TOMORROW with the new Holiday Mini!!!!), and then punched out using the 1 inch Circle Punch!  The ribbon along the bottom is the yummy Island Indigo Ruffled Ribbon with the sentiment stamped in Calypso Coral classic ink, then punched out using the Small Oval Punch. And, of course I added a rhinestone - bling is good with everything *wink*
Here is a close-up of the actual candy sticks and tag - I got them at a local candy store we have downtown - you know, the kind that has all the old fashioned candy that we all love so much?? That is one of the good things of living in a small town, you still have these kinds of places - just love it!  The Petite Pocket is actually big enough to hold three of these candy treats so there are lots of different things you could use as little gifts to put a smile on someones face! I wrapped the three candy sticks in Calypso Coral Ruffled Ribbon, then added a sentiment from the Clearly For You stamp set because I wanted one small enough to not overwhelm the rest of the project :-) I punched it out using the Jewelry Tag punch, which is perfect size for small tags like this.  It is tied on using Whisper White twine.  I presented this cute little treat to my hostess when I was done putting it together and she just loved it! It makes ME smile when I can make someone else happy with something I made with my own hands - it beats buying something by a long mile!!! If YOU like the products you see here, all of them can be purchased in my online store, including all the new FABULOUS HOLIDAY MINI products!!  Or, you can contact me and I will be happy to place your order for you :-)  I hope you all have a fabulous day - mine will be filled with stamping so I just know it will be a great one!!! I will be back tomorrow with another fun project to share so until then, Happy Stamping!!
Candy Treat Recipe:
Paper - Pool Party, Calypso Coral, Whisper White card stock
Inks - Calypso Coral, Island Indigo classic inks
Stamps - Sweets for the Sweet, Clearly for You (sentiment only)
Tools - Big Shot, XL Petite Pocket Die, Stripes Embossing Folder, Eyelet Border Punch, Jewelry Tag punch, Small Oval Punch, 1 inch Circle Punch
Accessories - Island Indigo and Calypso Coral Ruffled ribbons, Whisper White twine, Basic Rhinestones, Dazzling Details(available in the Holiday Mini)

1 comment:

She's a Color Queen said...

This is super cute!! I haven't seen candy like that in a very long time - yum!