August 9, 2011

A NICE MASCULINE CARD


Good morning stampers!! I hope your week is going well - it is BUSY around the Hobson house, lol!! Getting ready for two workshops, two classes, and a downline meeting AND getting the kiddos ready to go back to school, lol!! But, busy is good, it keeps me out of trouble, heehee!!! So, I wanted to share another swap card I made. This one uses a set I HAD to have right away called Zoo Review - I have been WAITING and WAITING for a good zoo set because I have TONS of pics that need scrapping that are from the zoo and the wild animal park!! I snatched this one up the minute I could order, lol!!! This is the first time I have inked it up but I have lots of plans for it in the future *wink*  I wanted to make a masculine birthday card - guy cards are hard for me it seems so I need the practice, lol! The base of the card is Early Espresso with the next layer being River Rock card stock that is embossed on my Big Shot using the new embossing folder called Houndstooth - yummy.  Then, more card stock layers of Early Espresso and Cajun Craze to give some dimension and depth to the image piece.   I chose the giraffe, which I stamped on Naturals White card stock and then stamped again on patterned paper from the Well Worn designer series paper collection. LOVE it!!! I cut the image out and paper pieced myself a giraffe that looks really like a giraffe should look :-)  Cool, right?? Perfect paper for this!! The ribbon is also new and is Artichoke Denim Jean ribbon - AMAZING ribbon that I NEED more of because I can't stop using it, lol!!! I added one of the new mini silver brads (and I thought I would never use these, heehee) and the sentiment, and the card is done! Pretty simple but most masculine cards are! I DO like the way it turned out, and now I have the perfect birthday card for my nephew:-)  If you like these products used here, and would like them to be in YOUR stamp room, you can order them in my online store or you can contact me and I will be happy to help you place your order! OR, you can earn them for FREE (yes, I said FREE) by hosting a workshop where I get to come and stamp with you and your friends - I would love that!!!  So, now I am off to the ortho about my knee, but then back to my stamp room I come to work on my upcoming events - have I told you how much I love my job??!!!  I will be back tomorrow with a sneak peek project from the upcoming mini....you DON'T want to miss it *wink*
Card Recipe:
Paper - Early Espresso, River Rock, Cajun Craze, Naturals Ivory card stock, Well Worn Designer Series Paper
Ink - Early Espresso, Cajun Craze classic inks
Stamps - Zoo Review
Tools - Big Shot, Houndstooth embossing folder, 1 inch, 1 1/4 inch, 1 3/8 inch circle punches, Ticket Corner Punch, Sponge
Accessories Always Artichoke Denim Jean ribbon, mini silver brads

No comments: