August 24, 2011

GETTING BACK TO NORMAL

Hi all!!! I wanted to take the time out to tell all of you who have called, emailed, sent cards etc. that I TRULY appreciate you all as does my family - it is so heartwarming to know how many really care!! Thanks from the bottom of my heart <3.  Things are slowly getting back to normal around here - I actually am cleaning my stamp room today from the mess I left it in last week after my workshops and classes - I never do this, but well, it was NOT a normal week! So, I am hopeful that once it is clean (was going to do this yesterday but watched movies all day with my husband instead) I will feel like doing some stamping :-) I have two events this weekend to prep for, and I need to make some things for my daughter's bathroom walls since we just painted it and bought new stuff for it.  She now wants some nice pretties on the wall and THAT I can do *wink*
  I thought I would share a cute workshop project I made for one of my events last week - it is a corner bookmark and just sooo fun to make and looks pretty too! I have to make some "cool" looking ones for my daughter and her best friend because they both want one, lol!  I made this one using the Timeless Portrait Designer Series paper along with the Elements of Style stamp set, one of my very favorites from the catalog! I paired the DSP with Cherry Cobbler and Marina Mist - love this combo!! We punched along the bottom using the Scallop Trim border punch, and then added some pretty Victoria Lace ribbon as well! the back of the bookmark has a pocket built into it that allows it to slide right over the pages of the book or magazine you are reading to save your place for those moments you get interrupted, lol!
Here is a picture of the bookmark holding my place in the Summer Mini (which goes away at the end of this month), just to give you an idea of how it works!  I think it is so cute and fun, what a great way to pretty up something practical! For my demonstration project and hostess gift, I decided to make a card that went along with the bookmark, so that if anyone wanted to give a bookmark as a gift, they had a cool way to present the gift and a card all in one! I used the same color combination for the card, adding in the Basic Black card stock for the base of the card and the bookmark placeholder. I also used a different stamp set for the sentiment.  It is called Precious Butterflies, and it my absolute favorite hostess stamp set - you can only purchase this one if you host a workshop and believe me, it is soooo worth it! Just a beautiful set chock full of gorgeous butterfly images!!! Check it out - so stinkin' pretty!!!! I used some of the new yummy Cherry Cobbler scalloped polka dot ribbon - oh my!!! Love this ribbon, and it comes in eight fabulous colors (and yes, I have them all, heehee!)  What is so fun about this card is the middle triangle piece - see how it is shaped like the bookmark and popped off the page a bit? Well, that is so you can slide the bookmark right over it and give the card to someone with the bookmark included! Clever, right?! 
So, let me share a picture of the card with the bookmark attached.  See how pretty it all looks when you put it together? I think there are lots of people out there who would appreciate this little gift - I know I have given them out, and never had anything but smiles from them, lol! My workshop gals loved it, and the hostess was thrilled that she got to keep the card with her bookmark although she DID tell me that she was NOT giving hers away, LOL!  All of these items that you see here can be purchased in my online store or by placing an order with me! You can contact me and I will be happy to place your order and answer any questions you might have.  Also, if you would like to book a workshop where I come over and stamp with you and your friends, I would love to do that as well!!! It is always fun to get together with friends and make pretty things :-) I love it!! Now, I am off to finish putting my stamp room back together, finishing up the laundry, and then I have to pick up the kiddos from school - no rest for the wicked, right??! Have a fabulous day and I will be back tomorrow with something fun I made in one of my other events! Until then, I hope you have time to create - go stamp something!!!
Card/Bookmark Recipe:
Paper - Basic Black, Cherry Cobbler, Marina Mist, Very Vanilla card stock, Timeless Portrait Designer Series paper
Inks- Cherry Cobbler, Marina Mist classic stampin' pads
Stamps - Precious Butterflies, Elements of Style
Tools - Scallop Trim Border punch, 1 3/8 and 1 1/4 inch circle punches, 1 3/4 inch Scallop Circle punch, Large Oval punch
Accessories - Victoria Lace ribbon, Cherry Cobbler Scalloped Polka Dot ribbon, Basic Pearl

No comments: