June 23, 2011

SUMMER SAILIN' STAMPIN' UP! STYLE :-)

Good morning all!! I hope everyone is enjoying some fun summer activities now that our kiddos are all out of school! I know mine are enjoying playing in the pool everyday which is nice - free entertainment, right in the back yard :-) And, since it has been over 100 degrees here everyday this week, it is getting a lot of use :-)  Speaking of water, I wanted to share another card we made at the SAS using the fun Summer Mini products.  I swear, this is my favorite mini EVAH - all that nautical stuff is right up my alley!!!  We actually used two different sets (well, three if you count the sentiment, lol) on this card.  The background stamping uses the anchor from The Open Sea set, which is soooooo amazing!!! And, the sail boat is a single stamp that is called Sail Away.  The patterned paper is also from the mini and is from the Nautical Expedition collection - super yummy, I have used TONS of it already, lol!!! The sail boat is stamped on Naturals Ivory card stock - I love this and have used it a lot lately, I just like the pulpy and old world look and feel it has! It is stamped in Not Quite Navy, edges are sponged, and then we sprayed the image with Frost White Shimmerz - yes, it makes it run just a tiny bit, which is what I love - it totally makes this card old-world! No ribbon but we did play with the super cool new Bakers Twine, again from the mini.  This one is the Cherry Cobbler/White but it comes in three colors and makes every project just pop!  And, to top the card off, we added one of those super cute Antique Brads - just love these!!!!!  We all loved how this one came out - it was definitely a crowd favorite!! I sure enjoyed making it!! If you are interested in having any of these products for yourself, you can shop in my online store or email me directly and I will be happy to place your order. Remember, ONLY SEVEN DAYS LEFT OF THE CATALOG SO MAKE SURE YOU GET YOUR ORDERS IN FOR YOUR LAST CHANCE STUFF! And, you can earn a GOLDEN TICKET from me which enters you into the drawing for two HUGE prizes!!!! Check back later as I reveal what those two are *wink*  I hope you all get a chance to spend some time creating - that is what is on my agenda today! I will be back tomorrow with another fun card we did in Stamp Camp, so until then, HAPPY STAMPIN'!!!!!!
Card Recipe:
Paper - Not Quite Navy, Cherry Cobbler, Naturals Ivory card stock, Nautical Expedition Designer Series Paper
Inks - Not Quite Navy, Cherry Cobbler classic stampin' pads
Stamps - The Open Sea, Sail Away, On The Grow(the sentiment stamp)
Tools - Scalloped Trim Border punch, Sponge, Modern Label punch
Accessories - Bakers Twine, Antique Brads

1 comment:

Crystal said...

Super fab Alex, love your summer creation, I wanna be on that boat :))))