May 19, 2011

A MAGAZINE REJECT - BUT HEY, I LIKE IT!

Hi all!! WHEW! Running around like a mad woman trying to get ready to leave on Saturday morning EARLY to head back East for my son's graduation and commissioning! I am so very excited - cannot wait to hug my son!!! I submitted a bunch of cards for publication and of course some of them did not make them in - sooooo I thought I would share some of those :-) This one is actually a Christmas card, but we were supposed to use non-holiday items to stamp with! I chose to use the set Have a Seat - I just love how cute that set is! And, I used one of the little birdies from the Aviary stamp set as well - both of these sets can be found in the main catalog! The sentiment is from a Christmas set called Gifts of Christmas and it absolutely beautiful! I know that none of us are ready to even THINK about Christmas - although it will be here before we know it, lol! I kept it fairly simple, using some Pear Pizazz cardstock and ribbon as well as some of our designer buttons.  I did use the Designer Label Punch on the sentiment in both Very Vanilla and Early Espresso and trimmed out the edges of one to frame the other.  I think I will be adding this to my Christmas stack that I have to start getting ready - every year I say I am not waiting until the last minute, and every year....well, I do, heehee! Yes, it was not selected but hey, not every card I submit can be, right *wink* So, I thought I would share it so it at least gets to be seen here! Now, I am off to whittle down a long list of items I need to get done before we fly out on Saturday morning! Have a wonderful day and get to stampin' if you can! :-)
Card Recipe:
Paper - Pear Pizazz, Early Espresso, Very Vanilla card stock (patterned paper is non-SU!)
Inks - Early Espresso, Cherry Cobbler classic ink
Stamps - Have a Seat, Aviary, Gifts of Christmas(sentiment)
Tools - Scalloped Trim border punch, Designer label punch
Accessories - designer buttons, Pear Pizazz twill ribbon

1 comment:

Maureen said...

I like it Alex! Glad you shared it with us!
((()))reen