February 16, 2011

I LOVE CUPCAKES!

YAY! The sun is out and shining today although the wind is still blowing like crazy!!!  I am just glad the sideways rain has stopped, lol!!  Although it is supposed to start back up again later on today so I better enjoy the break while I can!  Soooo, today I have a little birthday pick-me-up to share - I love making birthday cards, such a happy reason to send a card! This one went to a friend who shares the same birthday I do - pretty cool, right??  And, we both love cupcakes so this is what I came up with! I used the super cute patterned paper and coordinating buttons that I received FREE from Sale-a-Bration - how cool is that??!! I LOOOOOOOOOVE FREE, LOL!  It's called Ice Cream Parlor(item 122242): isn't that a great name???  The buttons actually come with coordinating ribbon all in one package(item 123529) which is fabulous! I did not use the ribbon on this card but stay tuned for another project where it is predominately featured :-)  The stamps are from the uber cute cupcake stamp set in the Occasions Mini called Create a Cupcake(clear item 121982) , which is made even more fabulous because it has a coordinating cupcake punch(121807) that makes is super easy to make all kinds of different colored cupcakes for your projects! For this one, I stamped the cupcake base in Melon Mambo classic ink(item 115656), then added the "icing" in Pretty in Pink classic ink(item 101301) with some glitter sprinkles(item 114286) and a cherry on top - soooo fun!  And, check out those cute little buttons!!  I just love them, they match the paper perfectly, AND can be used for other projects because of the different colors! I added some twine and just tied it in a knot for that whimsical feel - just soooo CAUTE!  I had fun making this for my birthday buddy - and I know it was we are on the same wavelength because I also got a cupcake card, LOL!  Soooo fun! I hope you like my little piece of happiness and if you would like to have these items for your very own, all you have to do is place a $50 order in my online store or email me your order and you can choose these products for FREE!!!   I have lots going on today as I have two big classes and Club coming up this weekend, so I will be busily prepping for those in my stamp room today! I have another fun project to share tomorrow, but until then, happy stampin'!
Card Recipe:
Paper - Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo, Pacific Point, Whisper White card stock, Ice Cream Parlor designer series paper
Inks - Melon Mambo, Pacific Point, Pretty in Pink classic inks
Stamps - Build a Cupcake
Tools - Eyelet Border punch, Build a Cupcake punch
Accessories - Whisper White grosgrain ribbon, Daffodil Delight thin ribbon, Ice Cream Parlor designer buttons, Fine Galaxy red glitter

4 comments:

Crystal said...

OOOOOO girl I LOVE these colors!!! What a fun creation sweetie!!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Very cute, Alex.

Diane said...

Oh I'm sure your friend will love this cute bright b'day card!!!!

Lorie Hethorn said...

What a cute card! I love using a cupcake stamp or die.

Thanks for sharing!
loriesstampingplace.blogspot.com