December 1, 2010

BLING MAKES ME SING!!

Hi All!! WOW! We had a wonderful time on our vacation in Mendocino - the ocean was beautiful but it sure was COLD there, LOL!! We had great fun hiking and climbing all over the cliffs and exploring the tide pools - the kids had a BLAST! We stayed in a wonderful, cozy little home overlooking the water, the view was amazing! We explored all kinds of different beach areas, and our little Bella (mini weiner dog) got her first taste of the beach and she seemed to really love all the new smells, LOL! As soon as I am done organizing my pics (over 1000!) I will post a few for you all to see, it really is beautiful there!  But now, I think I probably owe you a card so I thought I would share one I did for Christmas, my favorite time of year!
Oh, how I loved making this card - look at all the bling!!! Bling really DOES make me sing - it makes me feel so happy, I just love it! The glitter, the brads, the pearls, I love it all!!!!! On this card I used some of the fine red glitter and I adhered it to the tree using my two-way glue pen. If you have never used this wonderful little pen, you HAVE to try it, I swear you will wonder why it took you so long, I did, LOL!!  The stamped images are from the stamp set called Snow Swirled, and I just absolutely love this set, it is one of my favorite ones to pull out for the holidays! And, look at that yummy patterned paper from the Holly Jolly designer series pack - YUM!!! I could see me using this paper all year long for all kinds of things :-)  Of course, no card for me is complete without using my Big Shot and my punches and this card is no exception! The Chocolate Chip Card Stock is embossed with the Square Lattice embossing folder and then the sentiment is mounted on Cherry Cobbler that has been punched out using my Extra Large Designer Label Punch.  The sentiment itself is stamped in Garden Green on Very Vanilla card stock that is punched out using the Modern Label Punch, then popped up on dimsensionals! I love it!!! I also used the Eyelet Border Punch along the bottom of the DSP, I just think it really adds to the card! And of course, every card deserves a bow so I added that as well :-)  Pretty simple but sooo fun to make - it will definitely be one that goes in the "to send" pile, LOL!  I have been stamping quite a bit since I got back on Sunday and have TONS to share so I will be back tomorrow with another fun project! 'Till then, happy stampin'!!!
Card Recipe:
Paper - Garden Green, Chocolate Chip, Cherry Cobbler, Very Vanilla card stock, Holly Jolly Designer Series Paper
Inks - Garden Green, Cherry Cobbler Classic inks
Stamps - So Swirled stamp set
Accessories - Very Vanilla thin grosgrain ribbon, Red fine glitter
Tools - Big Shot, Square Lattice Embossing folder, Modern Label punch, Extra Large Fancy Label punch, Eyelet Border punch, dimensionals

3 comments:

pescbrico said...

I love this card! Love the colors and the layout. Have a wonderful day.

Traci Tracy said...

Love the tree, and your cards are beautiful!

Found you on SC. I'll be back.

http:\\traciscraftbookers.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Following your blog now via Stampin Connection

www.gloriasgreetings.blogspot.com