September 23, 2010

IT'S BEGINNING TO LOOK....

a lot like Christmas!! Seriously, I went into Kohls the other day, and the entire back of the store is all Christmas already....I mean, what happened to all the holidays in between? No wonder people feel stressed,t they think they are behind and forget it's only September, LOL!  I have not started my Christmas shopping yet - that starts next month.  However, I HAVE started on my cards and so have my customers - we just did a really fun Santa in September class which was great! We each got 15 cards done, whoohoo!! This one I am sharing today is one of five designs we made.  Isnt' it purdy??!! I think Crumb Cake is the perfect base for just about anything and I am loving it here! The stamp set we used is called Peaceful Season, which is a Hostess Level II set in the Holiday Mini. I was fortunate enough to receive this set FREE when I went to Convention - how cool is THAT??!!  Love Stampin' Up! and how they spoil us demos :-)  This is a beautiful stamp set, I love how elegant it is, especially the sentiment stamps!  I paired the stamps with the Deck the Halls designer series paper as well, looks great together! And, check out that ribbon - it is the new Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding ribbon, also found in the Holiday Mini: it also comes in Very Vanilla and Always Artichoke and is soooooo pretty and easy to work with! This card came together quickly but really turned out very elegant! If you are interested in ANY of the items used to make this card (and you KNOW you are, LOL!) you can purchase them from my online store OR you can send me an email and we can put the order in together! :-)  Now, I am off to put the finishing touches on my workshop tonight but I will be back tomorrow  to share the cute project we are making - sooo spooky, heehee!  Have a fabulous day and thanks sooo much for stopping by and leaving me some love!!!
Card Recipe:
Paper - Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla card stock, Deck the Halls Designer Series Paper
Inks - Basic Black, Always Artichoke, Cherry Cobbler classic ink pads
Stamps - Peaceful Season Level II hostess set (holiday mini)
Tools - 3/4 inch circle punch
Accessories - Cherry Cobbler seam binding ribbon, pearls

7 comments:

Amber said...

So cute Alex! It's a good time to start stamping for the holidays, but it's too warm here in SoCal to really get in the spirit this early. I guess I could really crank up the A/C and turn on some Christmas music to get me in the mood for stamping this weekend!

Patti said...

Am visiting from SC and became a follower. First I'd like to say "thank you" for serving. Second, I can see you are a real Christmas fan. Me too and I love that it's getting close to the holidays. SU has great holiday stamp sets.

a portland granny said...

I've been loving your cards, enjoying all of your wonderful ideas, and have been just plain lazy about commenting!! I'm going to purpose to do better! I always enjoy visiting your blog. Love the family news you share--makes it a nice, cosy spot to visit!

Chris said...

very cute card!! i love, LOVE the hanging ornaments...

Terry said...

I really like your Peaceful Season card, as well as the snowman below! I'm following you from SC.

Terry
http://goinovertheedge.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Hey Alex!! Love the hanging ornaments card girl!! The Crumb Cake looks fabby!! Hope you're having an awesome weekend!!HUGS

Deb said...

it is so beautiful and scary how Christmas is looming! I am starting to panic now! enjoy the rest of the weekend, hugs Debx