July 7, 2010

SUMMER FUN CARDS

Hi all! Here it is, Wednesday already, the week seems to be flying by - probably because I have sooo  much to do, LOL!! I wanted to share to summery cards I made using lots of new product and colors - I am switching around my combinations to find which new colors are going to be my faves, heehee!  This first one is actually a set from the Summer Mini called King of the Grill.  I love this super fun guy, he always makes me smile! I paired him with some of the Island Oasis Designer paper, added lots of layers, and stitched all around them.  I enjoyed putting this card together, it was fun and relaxing to just play around with different things!

This next card I used all new items from the catalog - soooo lovin' the new colors, papers, and ribbons!  The stamp set is called Friends Never Fade and I just love it!  I used the new Daffodil Delight card stock - what a fun,summery yellow! And, I broke out the new In-Color card stock called Pear Pizzazz, which is a beautiful green!  And, I was excited to play with an old favorite in Tangerine Tango! The designer paper is called Greenhouse Gala and is so pretty I did not want to cut into it, LOL! But, I made myself so I could show it to you here! And, check out that cool, thin ribbon - just really adds to the card!!  I love how this card turned out and will have to remember this color combo - it speaks to me, heehee!!! I hope you like my summery cards, I sure had fun making them! Thanks so much for stopping by to visit, I just love when you do! Now, I am off to blurf for awhile and then to the gym I go - I need to work off the weekend festivities *wink*  Have a wonderful day!
Card One:
Paper - Real Red, Tempting Turquoise, Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White card stock, Island Oasis Designer Series Paper
Inks - Black Stazon, Stampin' Write Markers (Going Gray, Basic Gray, Real Red, So Saffron, Old Olive)
Stamps - King of the Grill
Accessories - Photo Corners Punch, Modern Label Punch, Real Red Wide striped ribbon, buttons, twine, Mat Pack, paper piercer
Card Two:
Paper - Daffodil Delight, Tangerine Tango, Pear Pizzazz, Very Vanilla card stock, Greenhouse Gala Designer Series Paper
Inks - Tangerine Tango(classic ink pad), Daffodil Delight(Stampin' Write Marker)
Stamps - Friends Never Fade
Accessories - Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder, Scalloped Edge border punch, Scallop border punch, Daffodil Delight 1/8 inch taffeta ribbon

17 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

ha! Your first card screams FUN! Love the bright colours you used!

The second card is beautiful!

Hope you are having a great week my friend!

kathleenh said...

I love your summery cards Alex! The stitching on the first card is a great touch and the colors and ribbon look great on your second card.

Crystal said...

Alex WOW I am LOVIN your summer creations..These are fantastic...I JUST love the grill dude I HAD to have that set and need to ink him up..thanks for the inspiration sweetie!

Chris said...

these are fabulous cards!

Risa said...

Wow....your summer fun cards are awesome Alex!
hugs
Risa:)

Anonymous said...

I love both of your summery cards, Alex. I have the King of the Grill and have made a few cards with him. I need to make many more!

Thanks for sharing the new colors; they are just beautiful together.

Joan
MN

Dani said...

I am LOVING the new colors! Fabulous cards!

Rose Ann said...

Your first card is so cute, and the second....so beautiful!! Love the pretty colors!!

Chrissy Kelly said...

you got very cute cards- =)

Shannon said...

Thanks Alenandra! I just started following.
www.stampinsentiments.blogspot.com

Nikki Bond said...

These are fantastic Alex! Can't wait to get my new goodies...I have a box coming on Monday! :) Have a great weekend {SMILES}

ScrapMomOf2 said...

That grill guy is very funny! Awesome card!! Your second card is VERY pretty! Love them both!

Boni Boutelle-Jones said...

Love the new colors and you did them up so nice!! Your grill dude is very colorful and so funny! You did a superb job on the yellow card love all the elements!! Just eye popping! good to see you and I need to get me some of those colors and a catalog!! LOL

Jessica Ying said...

very nice work! Just started following. Mine is www.yoyostamping.com

Patty said...

I love the friends never fade card. My set finally comes today and I will be able to play too!
I am just catching up on making comments on all the blogs I am now following through Stampin' Connection. I invite you to follow me as well (if you are not already!) at http://rocpaperstamps.blogspot.com
Happy stamping!

Liz said...

Beautiful cards! I'm now a follower from SC.

Liz
www.stampmyheart.blogspot.com

Debbi said...

I love the bright colors used on these cards. Super Fun! I am following you from SC and have left you two blog awards. You can find them here:

Debbi