May 14, 2010

A LITTLE BIT OF MAGIC.....

Happy Friday all!!!  Whew!! Another week down, but this weekend is going to be soooo busy! I have my youngest son turning 16 on Sunday so all his buddies are staying the night tonight and then heading to Six Flags for the day tomorrow!  I am taking care of the festivities tonight - making cookies, cake, pizza, and surrendering the family room to the world of X-box and then Tony will take them to the park - I don't do rides at all, and Tyler said "mom, you probably won't see us all day, so you don't have to go", LOL!  I think that is teen speak for "we will have a great time without you" - heehee! Which worked out well because  have Club on Saturday and he did not decide on what he wanted to do until this week, LOL!!  Sunday we will have a family celebration and take him out to dinner! I can't believe my baby boy is turning 16.......but, I know you are here about the card, so onward! I used a new set from the Summer Mini on this card called A Little Bit of Magic - I just love how super cute these fairies are! They remind me of the old-fashioned woodland fairies in storybooks that spread happiness everywhere....so that is how I think of them!!!  I decided to do a square card as I have not made one in awhile and this is actually the size I prefer to make.  I stamped my image in black stazon and watercolored with my ink pads and blender pens...I find this very relaxing, lol!  Then, I broke out the Gold Smooch spray and sprayed the  panel (embossed with the new Square Lattice folder) with it, and sprayed Vanilla Smooch on the image and oooh, mycard is all sparkly and pretty!!! Want to see?
 Here is a closeup that shows it a bit better and you can click on the image to make it even bigger!  She is all shimmery IRL just like an actual fairy!! I had so much fun making this card - I originally was going to use this as a Club card but decided on something else instead so I thought I would share!! I hope you like her - I am really happy with how this one turned out!! So, now - off to shop for Tyler's bday festivities, weigh in (so much fun!), and bake cookies and a cake!! All in a mom's day of work, lol!! I will be hiding in my stamp room tonight while they battle it out on the Xbox so I will get some stamping time in tonight!! I hope you all have a fabulous Friday and enjoy your weekend!!! Thanks so much for stopping by, I really love reading all your comments!!
Card Recipe:
Paper - Always Artichoke, Rich Razzleberry, Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White card stock, Island Oasis Designer series paper
Inks - black stazon, Rich Razzleberry, Pale Plum, Always Artichoke, Old Olive, Blush Blossom, Close to Cocoa classic ink pads
Stamps - A Little Bit of Magic
Accessories - Scallop Circle and Clear Circle Big Shot Dies, Ticket Corner Punch, Modern Label Punch, Square Lattice embossing folder, Whisper White Taffeta ribbon, stampin' dimensionals,blender pen

21 comments:

Crystal said...

Happy Friday Alex!!! What a great card, that image is sweet!!!! Great layout and love the large circle!!! The colors are rockin too sweetie!! Have a wonderful day! Hugs!

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Beautiful card Alex! Love the fun colors, makes it very happy! Beautiful image and coloring too. Hope you have a great weekend! :)

Rose Ann said...

Wow... you are one busy Mom! Love your beautiful card, Alex!! Have a great weekend!!

Cindy Haffner said...

Super SWEET Alex!!

Deb said...

have fun tonight! I wonder where the time goes too, who sped up the clocks around here? Your card is beautiful, love the fairy image, have a great weekend, hugs debx

jjcreations said...

Great card, Alex. Have a wonderful time with a house full of boys! Been there, done that....glad he has his own celebrations on his own turf now. Good Times!!!!! Have a wonderful weekend.

jjcreations said...

Great card, Alex. Have a wonderful time with a house full of boys! Been there, done that....glad he has his own celebrations on his own turf now. Good Times!!!!! Have a wonderful weekend.

Basement Stamper said...

Great coloring on this Alex! Hope your son has a fabulous 16th birthday!

Diane said...

Super card Alex! Looks like you'll have a good night!!!
Have a wonderful weekend girl!

raindropecho said...

Magic indeed! Lovely card and image. Happy early bday to your son!

Chris said...

this is fabulous! enjoy the party...

Stef H said...

tra la la la la la la la la happy birthday sweet sixtee-eeen! (neil sedaka).

fabulous - as always. and girl, you are one busy little bee!!! i could never do ALL that you do! wow!

have a fabulous weekend!

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is lovely Alex!!

Angie Tieman said...

How pretty! Such beautiful colors and coloring!

Nikki Bond said...

WOW Alex...stunning! Hope you have a great weekend!

She's a Color Queen said...

Another fantastic card Alex!!!

Natalie said...

Beautiful card Alex, I am sorry it's been so long since I last stopped by.

Natalie x

kay said...

Lovely Card, Alex!!! Great Work!!! Alot of potentials in coloring this stamp set!..hmmm... I think I'm getting it.hihi. TFS!!!

Sue said...

Hi Alex
aww gorgeous card, beautiful colouring,luv the layout & papers, sue,x

Dani said...

Such a sweet card! Fabulous job!

kathleenh said...

The vanilla smooch was really made for these fairies doncha think? Your square card is so pretty with this fairy!