March 16, 2010

HOME IS WHERE YOUR FRIENDS ARE :-)

Good morning all!! A little later post than usual, BUT I have something fun to share!!! I was asked by Melissa over at Cheey Radishes to be part of the their DT.  I really pondered it as I love SU! first and foremost, but I decided that I could because they do digit stamps and fun templates, neither of which we do!! And, the images and shaped templates are totally cute and fun so I am excited!!!!  This week they have a challenge to make something with their house shaped template - and by the way, you can download it for FREE here!  Cut it out, score it, and voila!!!  Super easy and way adorable !!!  I had to put my thinking cap on because I really wanted to use my Fox and Friends stamp set so this is what I came up with!! I paired it with the Tall Tales DSP which I love and don't use enough!   I think I am going to add this to a layout a little later so I left off the sentiment for now.  I am happy with how it turned out and it was really fun to make!! Why not give it a try?  Melissa is giving away a really sweet prize to the winner of the drawing, but you have to be in it to win it *wink*  The contest is over at SNR Universe, fab place to hang out for cardmakers and scappers.  Just check out the groups for Cheeky Radishes and you can play along as the link for the template is provided!! I really hope you all play along - the contest ends on Thursday so get your stamp on!! Thanks for stopping by, love ya for it!!!
Card Recipe:
Paper - Soft Suede, Dusty Durango, Crushed Curry card stock, Tall Tales designer series paper
Inks - Soft Suede, Dusty Durango, Crushed Curry classic inks
Stamps - Fox&Friends
Accessories - Scalloped Edge Border Punch, My Way Punch (for the door)

13 comments:

Crystal said...

Alex this is SOOOOO CUTE!! Oh my word how adorable and what a fun fun card design, love this girl!!! ADORABLE!!!!!

Cindy Beach said...

This is supercute, Alex! Love those animals popping out from the windows and chimney. Congrats on the DT!

Stef H said...

wow! great news and i'll be watching because i've never heard of them, so i am sure to check them out. your card is fabulous! it looks sooooooooooooo inviting!

thank you so much alex for all the fun & fabulous comments you leave me. you always make me smile!

Denise Marzec said...

Oh how super cute!!!

Amy said...

This is adorable. Looking forward to working with you at Paper Popsicles.

Unknown said...

Wow, the detail you have included in your project is terrific. Nicely done.

Angie Tieman said...

This is darling! Great job with the template!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow!! How cool is this!! I absolutely LOVE it!! :) so creative and fun girl!!HUGS

Ilene said...

That's too cute! And a huge congrats on the new DT position, you totally deserve it!!!

Nikki Bond said...

This is super cute Alex...such a fun design! Love the fox peeking from behind. {SMILES}

Rose Ann said...

This is soooo creative and cute, Alex!! I love all of the peeking critters!!

Risa said...

Congratulations of your DT position Alex! Your cards and creations are very beautiful and you are very deserving!
I love your house shaped card, all of the elements are super cute!
hugs
Risa:)

kathleenh said...

Oh how cute! I love the animals peeking out of the windows, the chimney and the side of the house. Congratulations on your dt position!