September 23, 2009

HOSTESS TREAT

Hi all!!! It has been very hectic around the Hobson household the last five days as we seem to be sharing the flu amongst ourselves, uggghhh......!!!! My son is sick and so is Tony and I have not been feeling so hot either although I keep telling myself I am fine(denial is a great thing!) I will be happy when this bug moves on and we can get back to some semblance of normal!!! Today I wanted to share the gift I made for my hostess of last Saturday's workshop. I made this cute little treat bag and filled it with peanut butter and chocolate Hershey kisses - YUM!!! The bag was super easy to make since I used my new Big Shot die called Fancy Favor! Once I put it together, I used my 3/4 inch Circle punch and some of my clear window sheets to make the window in front!! The handle is made from scraps left over after I finished the bag and card so no waste at all!!! Here is a close-up of the bag -I just love the way it turned out! I also added some of the yummy polka dot soft suede ribbon - I am loving all the polka dot choices with my in-colors. I think she liked it too, although I am not sure if the bag was any big thing to her....she was very excited about the chocolates, LOL!!!! Well, off to work I go - I really wish I could stay home in bed, but I have so much to do, that is just not possible. So, I am going to make it a short day, come home and take a nap, and then carry on with my day after I pick up the kids. I hope to do some blurfing at some point today as well!! Thanks for stopping by to see me today - love ya for it!!!
Bag and Card Recipe:
Paper - Ruby Red, Soft Suede, Whisper White card stock, Autumn Traditions designer series paper
Inks - Ruby Red, Soft Suede classic inks
Stamps - Flight of the Butterfly
Accessories - Butterfly Punch, 3/4 inch Circle Punch, Scallop Circle Punch, Window Sheets, Modern Label Punch, 5/16 inch Jumbo brads, Red Sticky tape, Soft Suede Polka Dot grosgrain ribbon, Close to Cocoa narrow grosgrain ribbon, Fancy Favor Big Shot Die


26 comments:

Boni Boutelle-Jones said...

Posting at 3a.m.? Ugh I thought that 6a.m. was early LOL and I schedule it that way. I think I'm with your friend, love the bag and card but give me the chocolates LOL Nothing says love better than a box of chocolates!!! Oh yeah and a handmade card.......giggles.....

Awesome!!!

Stef H said...

fantatic! and filled with love & peanut butter & chocolate. does it get any better than that?????

sure hope you feel better soon.

big hugs to you.

corinnesomerville said...

I'm so sorry that everyone is sick at your place !!! Sending you big hugs and lots of love !!!

I love the hostess gift !!! Adorable...she must have freaked out !!!

Take care...miss ya...love ya !!!

mudmaven said...

This is fabulous Alex! Hope everyone is feeling better soon. ~chris

Denise ~ Paper Ponderings said...

Oh so cute! Those big shot dies are all calling my name. Stay in denial!!!

Dani said...

This is just so cute! Fabulous job! Hope you all get feeling better soon!

a portland granny said...

What a great idea! Those are soooo cute. Thanks for so generously sharing your ideas--I know I've sure used a lot of them from time to time.

Hope the bugs soon leave your house and all is back to normal! Not fun feeling below par.

Anonymous said...

Oh wow!! Now that is just adoarble!! What fun projects you've made!!...and who can resist chocolates?!! TEE!!

Nikki Bond said...

WOW...these are stunning Alex! I'm sure she's going to flip over her gift! {SMILES}

Crystal said...

Alex this is such a BEAUTIFUL set!!! WOW!

Staci Taylor said...

this is so adorable, alex! love the little window! hope everyone feels better soon!!

Anonymous said...

I love your hostess bag and card also, Alex. Thanks for sharing it with us. Get well fast!

Joan
MN

Diane said...

I'm sure they will love these treat bags,if they don't...send them my way. The treats,not the ladies,lol! They are really nice Alex!
Hope you all get rid of the bug!!!

Dawn Easton said...

Fantastic, Alex! I want that die sooooooo badly...lol!
Hope you all get over that bug soon and feeling GREAT!

Dawn♥ said...

OH my these projects are so beautiful Alex! PERFECT! Hope you get to feeling better soon. HUGS to you doll! ♥Dawn♥

kathleenh said...

What's not to love? The window in the front with the chocolates peeking through is the best. This gift bag die is definitely on my list!

Risa said...

Very pretty hostess gift! I love the color combo and pretty embellishments!
hugs
Risa:)

Cheryl KVD said...

Awesome treat bag! Hope you all feel better soon! We are on our third week of school and second virus already!!

Natalie said...

What a great gift bag. The choccies sound yummy too. x

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Hostess gift Alex, you are so thoughtful!

Rose Ann said...

Oh Alex...I'm so sorry the bug has hit your home!! I hope everyone is better soon!! FANTASTIC Hostess gift, girl!! I love it!!

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Gorgeous idea Alex, love the projects you have made,Hope everyone feels better soon. Hugs Nikki x

Lee said...

Caaauuuteness Alex!!! What a sweet and pretty gift!!! I wonder if any of those templates will work in a cuttlebug?? Now you take care of yourself, okay! Try to get some rest!!! HUGS!!!

Wendy said...

What a cute hostess set! Hope you kept The Bug at bay and that you are feeling better soon.

Have a great day!
Wendy
SBS9

Cindy Beach said...

Love the colors and your adorable favor box, Alex. Your hostess is sure to love it!
SO sorry about the flu, hope you will feel better everyday now.
(dreading it myself...as we've got 6 in my household)
Long overdue HUGS~ to you!

Ila said...

This is Gorgeous!!...a totally Wonderful gift!!...Hugs, Ila