September 19, 2009

FRIENDSHIP

Good morning all!! WHEW!! This week has been a doozy between vet visits, doctor visits and everything else.....but things are starting to settle down somewhat since Kayla is starting to recover from strep and Dexter is healing nicely. I did manage to get some stamping done yesterday since I have a workshop today so I thought I would share one of the cards we are going to be doing. I am excited about this workshop because it's fifteen gals I have never met - what a great chance to meet some new friends close to home as this is the first one I have actually done in Oroville!! Most of my workshops and classes are all taught in Chico which is where I work....it is about 45 minutes away (although the drive is nothing for me anymore!). So, this will be fun!! The theme for this workshop is friendship since I was asked not to do any type of holiday cards. I used my Flight of the Butterfly stamp set and lots of the new in-colors as I just love them!! This card seems bright and cheerful to me - it makes me smile so I hope it does the same for them!! I also used one of my new embossing folders called Finial Press for the background, I just love how much they add to the card! I did stamp the butterfly twice and pop one up over the other with my dimensionals. It's easy to do this now that I have the fabulous new butterfly punch - so fun!! A simple card, but pretty I think, right?! I hope they like it! So, I am off to blog hop over coffee(I don't get to do that as much anymore!) and then get packed up and ready for my workshop, WHOOHOOO!! I will be back on Monday to share another project we are doing as well as show you the hostess gift I made for her!! Thanks for all the well wishes and for stopping by to see me, you are all THE BESTEST!!!!!!! Smooches!!!
Card Recipe:
Paper - Regal Rose, Crushed Curry, Whisper White card stock, Razzleberry Lemonade designer series paper
Inks- Crushed Curry, Melon Mambo classic inks
Stamps - Flight of the Butterfly
Accessories - Melon Mambo polka dot ribbon, Butterfly punch, Scalloped Edge Punch, Finial Press Embossing Folder

26 comments:

Heather P. said...

How CA-UTE! Love the cheerful colors, and that adorable butterfly! :)

Glad to hear that your daughter is feeling better and that your doggy is recovering! Poor thing!

Bethany Paull said...

Very fun and cute card. How'd the workshop go?

Anonymous said...

Good afternoon here where I'm at...but I'm blurfing a little late in the day today!! :) I just ADORE your card today hun!! The colors are so bright and cheerful!! It feels like exactly what it is out today!! I would so love to enjoy it!! :) I sure hope you're enjoying your weekend my friend!! HUGS

Nikki Bond said...

This is fabulous! Love the color combo....I used it yesterday on my challenge! {wink}

{sMILES}

Jessie/knightrone said...

Super cute Alex!!

Lou Sims said...

Fab, bright & fresh card Alex - love it. Ooohhh, butterfly punch . . . we have to wait until 1st October in UK to order any new SU bits . . so not fair!

Glad to hear things are getting better.

Take care,
Lou
x

Marlou McAlees said...

absolutely gorgeous!!! love the colours Alex. Hope things are settling for you, look after yourself :) ♥

Natalie said...

Beautiful card Alex, I love the colours just gorgeous. Take Care.

Natalie x

Silke Ledlow said...

Hey GF - sounds like you had a busy day!!! Hope you get to relax now :)???
Your butterfly card is beautiful and I love these bright and cheerful colors!! This SU set is really cute and I almost added it to my order today...but figured I'll wait...now I wish I would have placed it!!! Hugs ~S~

Diane said...

Oh so glad everything's coming along for you and your family Alex!
Such a pretty card,my favorite,butterlies! Love the colors you chose too! Enjoy your wordshop,sounds like so much fun!

Cindy Haffner said...

Alex so cute, awesome work.

kathleenh said...

Very pretty! It looks like a great workshop card!

I hope you were able to fend off the sickness and that everyone else is mending nicely!

Denise ~ Paper Ponderings said...

Beautiful! Love the colors and I've always loved that butterfly stamp set!

pescbrico said...

Love the color combo! Have a great day!

Pam Speidel said...

Hi Alex! It sounds like you've had one doozy of a week! Good grief! So glad things are looking up and you've had time to create and blog hop a bit! It always brightens my day to see one of your super sweet comments. :D This card is just SO bright and HAPPY! I'll bet the gals at your workshop are going to love it too! Smiles 2U ~ Pam :D

mudmaven said...

Oh so pretty! Must be the week for Flight of the Butterfly cards! Love yours! ~chris

Denise Marzec said...

The card is adorable!! Sounds like your event will be a blast, what a BIG group you have coming for it! :)

Have an AWESOME day, Alex!

Rose Ann said...

Your butterfly card is very beautiful, Alex...and I'm glad to hear things are settling down!

Risa said...

Your card is very cute Alex!
I'm so glad to hear that you are feeling better and that your DD is feeling better too! Take care and I hope that this week is less stressful for you.
Big Hugs
Risa:)

Latisha said...

cute card and I hope your class goes well!

Nikki Fairbairn said...

What a pretty set Alex and gorgeous colours, Have a great evening, Hugs, Nikki x

Kim Marie said...

Love the bright and fanciful colors of this card...sounds like things are looking up a bit as well! Praying for more good report ;)
Kim Marie

Ila said...

This card is Totally Super Cute!!..I love the happy color and the Gorgeous dimensional butterfly...Glad to hear everyone is on the mend!!..Hugs, Ila

Dani said...

So cute! Fabulous job!

Lee said...

Oh this is just sooo sweet!!! I'm so glad you got some stampin' time in and things are lookin' up for you all Alex!! HUGS!

Boni Boutelle-Jones said...

This card reminds me of homemade lemonade popsicles. You know the kind you used to make as a kid in ice trays or in those silly little plastic cups? LOL

Very bright and cheery - I think I'm going to have to teach my son about homemade popsicles === oooh pudding pops too!!!