September 12, 2008

STAMP SOMETHING INSPIRATION CHALLENGE

Happy Friday all!! Whoohoo!! I am super excited today because it is time for another Stamp Something Challenge and my good and fabulously talented friend Melissa is sponsoring this week's challenge with an awesome inspiration challenge!! Love this piece - it is gorgeous!!! I decided after drooling all over the picture (seriously, is that not the cutest bag EVER??!!!) that I would focus on the colors, stripes, and polka dots and make a fun card using my new Just Jawing set - I love it, it makes me smile!! So this is what I came up with! I hope you like it, it was a really fun card to make and I know EXACTLY who this is going to *wink* - it's perfect for her! Now that you have seen the beautiful inpiration piece (I gotta get one!) make sure you pop on over to the Stamp Something site and check out what the rest of the gals did - it's a crime there is that much talent in one place, lol!!! And, make sure you upload your take on this to the site and get entered into the drawing - whoohoo!!!! Gotta love it! So, today I am finishing up DT work for Coconuts (can't wait to share!) and packing for a weekend away with one of my best friends!! Liz and I have known each other FOREVER and she is currently stationed in Norfolk Virginia so obviously I don't see her too much. Well, she found out this week that she is going to be in Monterey CA (three hours from me!) for the next two weeks so I am going down to spend the weekend with her (well 1.5 days because Tony has to go out of town) so I am excited!! And believe me, after this week, I NEED the break - not a good week, folks!!! But anyway, I will leave you with the recipe and yes, there will be posts all weekend so don't worry *wink* I wouldn't want you to forget about me - HAH!!! Have a fabulous weekend - I am leaving straight from Kayla's soccer game tomorrow morning - whoohoo!!
Card Recipe:
Paper - Basic Black, Whisper White, Real Red card stock, Real Red Patterns Print DSP
Inks - Basic Black, Real Red Classic Stampin' Pad
Stamps - Just Jawing
Accessories - Basic Black narrow grosgrain ribbon, Large Scallop for the Big Shot, Real Red and Black brads, stampin' dimensionals

30 comments:

Lauren said...

Super cool Alex - you rocked this challenge!

Erin... said...

Fun card!!!! Hope you have a great weekend!

Dawn Easton said...

LOVE that stamp set...need this one too...oh boy eh?! lol Your card rocks for sure!
Enjoy your time with your friend...how exciting!!

Becky Carafa said...

Awesome! I love your interpretation! I hope you have a great time with your friend.

Anonymous said...

You Rock!, Alex. Fabulous card and have a super fun weekend!

Michelle said...

Love love this card Alex. I have this set too but, haven't used it yet!!!!

Have a great weekend!

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is so super cute Alex!! Love it@!

~Denise Lynn~ said...

What a fun card Alex! Love the way you used this set and all the stripes. Super job! :)

Denise ~ Paper Ponderings said...

Way cute!

Ana Baird said...

what a fun card!

Pamela said...

Very cool card!

Chris said...

great card...lovin that skull!!! hsve a great weekend... >"<

Melissa said...

I love how you took the elements of the inspiration piece and made it your own......this is what GREAT creators do!

Have a fabulous time with your friend!

Many Blessings,
M.

Emily said...

Adorable card Alex! Love the DSP eyes in the skull. Great layout too!

Catherine said...

Alex, this is just too cute! You ROCK, girly =)

Jo said...

This card really rocks Alex!!! Love it and that stamp set is fabulous!

Anonymous said...

So fabuloso!

Manna said...

What a fun card! Love the stamp!

Christi Flores said...

I love it!!!

Diane said...

You rock and so does your card!
Have a super weekend!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Another adorable card!

Rose Ann said...

Super cute, Alex!! Have a great time with Liz!! You deserve it, girl!! Hugs!!

Lee said...

Oh very cool!!!! And have a WONderful time!!! You certainly do deserve a relaxing break!! Have fun and we'd NEVER forget ya!!! :)

Joanne said...

Very cool card! I like this sketch. Happy Friday!

Latisha said...

Have a great time in Monterey! Its beautiful there & enjoy your visit with your friend
OK the card is too cute...my daughter has it on her wish list

Natalie said...

Great card Alex. x

Annapurna said...

Never would have thought of using that image for the inspiration, but it turned out nice. Great job with all the elements

Angie Tieman said...

How rockin' cute!! Kickin' myself for not getting this now! You rock!

Risa said...

Very cool card....I love it!!

Mrs Wonka said...

I love this card

Mrs Wonka x