February 12, 2008

SAB FRIENDSHIP BLOOMS

Good morning all! I think I overdid it yesterday (I am not sure if it was the bathroom cleaning, mopping, or laundry) because today I am not feeling so well. But, I have a million things to do so I have to push through it...ugggghhhhh!!! Anyhoo, today I wanted to share another SAB set with you - I love the SAB sets this year, they are all so rockin'!!!! This card was made with the Friendship Blooms set and I love it! It is VERY me, teehee! The base of this card is Old Olive which I layered with Real Rust - love this combo!! Then, I used some of that wonderful new DP Afternoon Tea from the Occasions Mini - I love everything in that little mini! The image is stamped on Naturals White in Real Rust and then layered again on Mellow Moss which is what the sentiment (also from Friendship Blooms) is also stamped on in the same color. I again used my ticket corner punch and inked the edges with Real Rust to bring out the background paper. I used my paper piercer on the corners to add some interest to the card. The sentiment is punched out using my Key Tag Punch and I added two mellow moss brads. And, of course, I used my jumbo eyelets (just for you Debbie!!!) and threaded them with my double stitched Groovy Guava ribbon. All in all, I really liked how this card turned out - hope you like it too!
FACT # 16
I LOVE coffee and can drink it any time of day or night! I look forward to it everyday and that first sip, aaaahhhhh!! I tell myself that it is okay because I only drink two cups in the morning but in reality it is more like four because my coffee cup is soooo very big - LOL! I don't see myself ever giving it up! And, yes, I have been known to frequent Starbucks!!

13 comments:

Amber Porter said...

Cute card! Love that new paper!!
I've been known to frequent Starbucks too much!! LOL!

My Paper World said...

It's sooooo pretty Alex! Those colours just look wonderful together!
Nicola xx

Diane said...

Gorgeous card Alex!!!Great colors for sure!!!

pescbrico said...

I love your color combo! :) you would not beleive that I never drink coffee!! I figure that since I,ve done all my university time without it I will never start drinking some!

Shannon McGann said...

Beautiful card! I love those jumbo eyelets with ribbon threaded through! And the colours you chose are beautiful!

Hope you're feeling better! Get some rest!

Debbie - StudioBeeCreations said...

Yummy card, Alex!!....and THANKS again, for helping me with my blog post...thats a very cool beans technique..leaving it up at the top!!whoooooowhoooooooo!
I also love STarbucks.....but, only go when Jenny...dd in Boston, sends me a gift card! teehee....she is sooooooooooo good to me!.....BTW...whats you favorite SB drink???....oh...ALSO....LOVE THE JUMBO eyelets!!!...winkwink

Kim Marie said...

Alex! What a great design for the SAB set...subtle and pretty!

I love that first sip of coffee, too....ahhhhhh.

Thanks for visiting my blog and your always encouraging comments :)
Kim Marie

ScrapMomOf2 said...

Gorgeous card! I love that stamp set! Great color combination. I agree with you . . . that first sip of my morning coffee . . . the best!

Nancy Riley said...

GREAT card, Alex! I too love this SAB stamp set! Love how the ribbon threads through the jumbo eyelets too!

tyrymom29 said...

Great Card!!!

Rose Ann said...

This is so pretty!! I love the colors and your jumbo eyelet/ribbon treatment! ;)

dasimonds said...

Beautiful!
I love the color combo...
and the jumbo eyelets.
Great stamp set.

Marlou McAlees said...

love this beautiful card Alex!! so very elegent!! and im a coffee lover im afraid too {lol} too much , I crave it!! :)