June 11, 2007

MONKEY THANK YOUS

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! It was really busy for me trying to get organized for my retirement next Friday. I spent time making some thankyou cards and then went to a wedding (my friends daughter) which was gorgeous! Anyway, still have a lot of running around to do but wanted to post one of the cards I made with one of my favorite SU! sets Monkey Business. I am soooo glad that set is not retiring because I foresee me using it a whole lot! Anyway, on to the card: (ALL products used are SU! unless otherwise noted) Sorry for the poor picture quality - my new camera is on its way, my son has my standby, and so I am using my old one. Anyway, I made the card base from old olive cardstock and faux stitched the edges in chocolate chip marker and using my paper piercer. I then cut 2" strips of chocolate chip cardstock and adhered them to the base. I punched my giga scalloped circle out of summer sun cardstock, stamped my monkey in chocolate chip ink and adhered the whole thing with a chocolate chip brad. Using my new (I could not resist) rectangle scallop punches, I punched the larger one using chocolate chip cardstock and the smaller one out of summer sun cardstock. I used dimensionals to adhere the smaller rectangle to the larger, stamped the sentiment in garden green ink, and added a small piece of maize ribbon. Then, I stamped bananas on to the strips and outlined them using yellow stickles. This card was easy and fun to make! It is really cute IRL - I wish the colors showed up better here. I hope you like it! I will try and post another one that I made later - if not, it will be tomorrow!

No comments: